PDA

View Full Version : Exhuast for 2500HD Extended cab short bed

gregmican
05-16-2002, 23:47
All the aftermarket exhust I have seen for the Duramax have been for Crew cabs or extended cab long beds. Has anyone found a 4" or better for a extended cab short bed? I have the zf 6 speed tranny if that matters. I heard a Crew cab the other day with a flowmaster on it. It sounded badass!

SoMnDMAX
05-17-2002, 00:01
I'm currently running one of Kennedy's systems. Sounds great and fits good. Plenty of room for a 285/75-16 spare tire.

Check thru my pics link in my signature for pictures of the exhaust system.

gregmican
05-17-2002, 00:10
SoMnDMAX, how do your 285's fit under the front fenders? I have the exact same truck as you, except in indigo blue. Judging by how the nose of my truck sits a little lower than the back, I thought the 285's would rub the bumper. Is the Kennedy exhuast louder than the factory exhuast. Thats what I am looking for anyway.

SoMnDMAX
05-18-2002, 00:04
The 285's fit fine, after I turned my Torsion bars up 7 turns. I also had to trim the bottom of the air dam at an angle. The tires do rub a little at full lock, but if I removed my mud flaps, 90% of the rubbing would be gone.

John's exhaust is definitely louder than stock. It's nice and quiet in the cab when you're driving "sane", but it has a really nice snarl when you hit the throttle. It's nice and throaty.