PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous Oxide!

More Power
08-11-2005, 08:43
Nitrous Oxide (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/nitrous.htm)
How to make really big power!

Making big power these days requires help to burn all of the fuel provided by the power modules and programs used in competition, and nitrous helps burn that fuel and make more power. If you're after the most Duramax diesel performance, all roads lead to nitrous oxide.

markrinker
08-15-2005, 14:05
Way cool technology. Literally smile.gif

king D
08-19-2005, 01:51
very nice write up,when i installed mine a few years back i put he solenoid behind the battery and the nozzles down lower in the bend ofthe tube,iit could be seen when looked for but not as noticeable.still avery nice deal .what kind of power are you seeing with the nos.if you ever want to talk nos tuning or perhaps adding some lp into the mix,lemme know.have approached 800 on the dyno several times,but stopped chasing numbers andam only after times know...

More Power
08-19-2005, 07:24
King D, I have it setup now for about 550 or a little better. Sure, any advice you can offer would be appreciated.

I've heard JK and others mention that some people are now experimenting with injecting nitrous on the turbo side of the intercooler. Better mixing, and perhaps improved cooling through the intercooler are possible advantages. I've talked to a couple of dyno operators, who both indicated that nitrous complicates getting good dyno data, due to the "hit" that occurs when the spray is switched on. Good dyno data would be helpful in determining whether a before/after the intercooler nozzle location is best. When I began the installation last fall, I mulled over the nozzle location, but installed it where the instructions indicated.

There'll be lots of nitrous on the big power trucks running at Edge next month! :D

Jim

Kennedy
08-19-2005, 07:29
Brandon and myself will each have a spare bottle. I acytually looked at and will probably buy a NOS filling pump as it's a PITA to run around looking for filling...

king D
08-19-2005, 12:46
i got one and its worth its weight in gold,as far as nos pre intercooler, post intercooler,onto the intercooler and into the air filter,and any where else helps out a good bit....

More Power
08-21-2005, 11:17
I pulled the bottle today, and will get it filled this week. Last time, cost was about $3-4/lb. How many runs are you guys getting out of a bottle?

Jim

king D
08-21-2005, 13:05
1 run usually burns about 4.5 -5 lbs,and with that much gone its impossible to keep bottle prssures up,so 1 bottle per 1/4 plus an extra bottle that lasts for 5-6 runs