PDA

View Full Version : 6.6 Won't Die

txguppy
05-17-2002, 22:16
I am saddened to say that for the first time "I" was asked to shut-off my engine at a fast food restaurant drive-thru. Embarrassing! I have been with other friends in their Dodges and Fords and have had this happen, understanably. But I have a "quiet" diesel.
Anyway, my question is: I instinctively reached up and switched off the key, Guess what? Nothing happened, except the "battery" light came on in the driver info box. I had to shift to park in order to shut the engine off. Is this normal?

csimo
05-18-2002, 07:37
I shut mine off (and restart) in neutral at all drive-thru's with no problems. I have an '02, but don't know if that makes a difference or not.

mackin
05-18-2002, 08:12
Not normal IMHO , I can shut mine off in drive ..... Pop in neutral ,restart ....... Perhaps neutral safety switch problem .......
MAC :D

Kennedy
05-18-2002, 08:53
From what I am told, we are not really severe duty (repeated shift cycles of the selector) to have a high incident of failure, BUT the Freightliners etc actually have a campaign for the NSBU switch.

TLA
05-18-2002, 09:26
There is a new NSBU switch out from Allison. I can't find the part number, but use NSBU in the search feature. The regular NSBU is apparently the old 4L80E switch, and the new one addresses H2O issues in that particulr switch. At the very least, I would get one for a spare (from Allison). Your experience might be a precursor of further problem (I think it time to follow my own advice, and carry one).

4meseb
05-18-2002, 16:34
When they ask me to shut mine off, I just leave.
If they can't take a little diesel chatter then
they don't need my business. Just my $.02.