PDA

View Full Version : Loud AC Fan/Diminished Airflow

Jim 21
05-18-2002, 15:26
I turned on my A/C last week and heard a very loud roaring noise. There was very little airflow.
I called for appointment and was asked if I had been around any leaves. I had no specific recollection of any leaves. I was told that if I had leaves in the blower, it was not covered under warranty.
I took it in and in a few minutes was told that it was ready. The work slip showed foreign matter in blower. I asked and was told that apparently I had parked under a tree, but they were going to take care of it this time. I live in the land of palm trees but intend to use it to tow a fifth wheel and travel all over the country. We even had plans to see fall foliage, of all things. I am in shock that I am being told to keep my truck away from trees. My last truck was a 93F---D and I took it anywhere I wanted and never gave a thought to a leaf. When I traded it in the AC was blowing cold and not a penny ever spent on any leaf problem. I might add that I have less that 1700 miles on the Duramax.
Can anyone tell me how leaves can enter the a/c blower and do I have to check under the hood evertime I stop near a tree?

More Power
05-19-2002, 17:37
More to "2500HD/3500 Trucks & Drivetrain" forum.

MP