PDA

View Full Version : GM approves Fuel Additives

SoCalDMAX
06-05-2003, 23:40
I found this on the Stanadyne site. If this has already been posted, sorry in advance!

Stanadyne announcement (http://www.stanadyne.com/dsg/showfile.asp?id=1687)

Just what JK and others have been saying all along, it's better to demulsify the water and let the filter trap it for drainage. Never let water, emulsified or otherwise, get to the pump or injectors.

Regards, Steve

OC_DMAX
06-06-2003, 07:18
Kennedy sells the FPPF diesel fuel additive product. The FPPF product "Emulsifies" (disolves or breaks up the water molecules into the diesel fuel and prevents water droplets from forming).

This is just the opposite that is recommended by the GM bulletin. The GM bulletin recommends "Demulsifying" (which brings water molecules together to form droplets so it can theoretically be removed from the diesel fuel by the fuel filter).

Two different opposing ideas. Intuitively, one would think "demulsifying" would be the way to go. George Morrison has posted that his real world experience is just the opposite. He maintains "emulsifying" actually results in lower water damage to diesel fuel injection systems. On other diesel forums, this topic is as controversial as the "fuel filter" posts seem to be here.

jcummins
06-06-2003, 10:47
I

Kennedy
06-06-2003, 11:21
I'll stick with emulsification. We cannot control WHERE the water falls out, and cannot RELIABLY remove 100% of it. What gets by the seperator is free to fall out at any time.

Demulsification in a non drainable tank is like shaking up a snow globe and hoping it all settles in the seperator. If we can break it down to a safe size and encapsulate it with a protective barrier, itcan move through the systeem and be gone...

a64pilot
06-06-2003, 11:53
John,

If we can break it down to a safe size and encapsulate it with a protective barrier, itcan move through the systeem and be gone...
Is this water or air?

a64pilot
06-06-2003, 11:55
Just pulling your leg, obviously I haven't figured out the quote thing out yet either

GMCTRUCK
06-06-2003, 17:56
It's nice to see GM's endorsement of Stanadyne's Performance Formula as I've been running it since day one with this truck as I had with my previous three diesel pickups. Fuzzy warm. smile.gif

DURAMONSTER
06-06-2003, 19:30
Whare can I buy Stanadyne's. Is available at a local craigen or parts store? do I use it on every tank? Please someday awnser.

Tsckey
06-06-2003, 19:54
I've been running Red Line Oil's 85Plus for about 10k miles now. It's a water emulsifier. Truck runs great ... course it did before, too. I based my decision to go with the emulsifier on George Morrison's and Kennedy's observations and recommendations, and a belief that a bit more lubrication couldn't hurt the injector's life span any.

TC

Spoolin'It
06-06-2003, 23:46
DURAMONSTER,

You can find a listing of where to buy Stanadyne locally at their website www.stanadyne.com (http://www.stanadyne.com)
Some of the forum vendors such as Diesel Injection Service (www.dieselpage.com) carry it also.

DURAMONSTER
06-06-2003, 23:50
Spoolin'It
Thanx. smile.gif