PDA

View Full Version : towing report time.....

Buck
06-06-2003, 02:42
Here is how my truck is set up:
2001 x-cab shorty 4x4 D/A
285/75/16 BFG AT tires on 16x8 American Racing Allison deep pan with transynd
Regular Juice level 4
Kennedy's 4-5" exhaust
Isspro gauges (Pre-turbo EGT)
Total power and + 8 cetane (fuel treatments)
JK's Mega filter
I was traveling from just north of Eau clare, WI on I-94 to Beloit, WI (south) averaged 12.9 MPG. Air temp was 54-56 (night run). Truck was on it's own pad when weighted. Truck weighed 10080 :eek: and trailer weighed 9280 for a total of 19360 lbs. EGTs generally (95% of the time)around 850-900 with cruise set all the way home. A couple hills EGTs would climb to 1050. Highest recorded temp was 1250 (I just had to romp on it a little :D ) The Allison never got over 190*. I can't believe all the grunt this thing has. Big rigs would be running next to me, come to a hill and the Dmax would power over it in overdrive everytime with the cruise set. :D WOW!! They would fall way behind. Came down a steeep hill on a county road in tow haul mode 50mph (4th gear) engine turning 2500 RPM and the EGTs were 250*. The grade braking feature don't do much with this kind of mass. I was very very impressed with my Dmax. :D :D :D

BTW: I have run 6 tanks of fuel without bleeding air from mega filter. Run it down to the red everytime and still manage to have a couple gallons left. NO start/stall problems at all. That is just over 2000 miles. Hmmm

FirstDiesel
06-07-2003, 15:20
You do know the fuel is used to cool the ECM?? Running the tank low will make the fuel temps climb and you will have more chance of overheating the ECM. I never go lower than 1/4 tank if I have a choice.