PDA

View Full Version : To those with lopey idle

dieselburb
05-19-2002, 09:09
Fellas, just got the truck last week and I've noticed a slight lope when she starts cold, but it always recovers and then repeats. I've seen threads posted with lopey idle but never read them. What's the deal here? Do I need to worry or take it back to the dealer for service? Also, my mileage is in the low teens, only two tankfuls and she's at 14 unladen. I forgot the dealer probably didn't pump the tires, but could the lope be responsible too? I drive 80 miles a day on the freeway and it's usually between 65 and 75 mph.
But I absolutely love the power and comfort of this truck smile.gif Simply amazing...Everything about it has impressed me, I'm just worried about mileage. But if it doesn't get any better, I know that I can just drop the hammer and not worry about it ;) Thanks for any help

dieselburb
05-19-2002, 09:25
NEVERMIND :rolleyes: Should have done a search in the first place. Sorry guys, I didn't realize how prolific this topic was, but it looks like the dealer should do the updates on Monday and be done with it! Anyway, wonderful source of information here, you guys kick butt!

mark45678
05-19-2002, 12:03
deiselburb I would let the motor breakin some if your still not happy take it to a dealer the sell ALOT of dmax trucks. It seams that not many of the tecs are really in tune with what cause the problem! I am sure you will read storys of how trucks needed injectors, HP pumps, updates bla ,bla ,bla the truth is mine was fixed with just a updated and thats it. It runs the same ,same power,just smoother when its cold!

dieselburb
05-19-2002, 12:12
Thanks Mark, I guess I'm just a little protective of her still, but I think you're right about waiting for a longer break in to see if things change. I'll wait a month and see if it gets better or worse and then go from there. Thanks again