PDA

View Full Version : home made airbox?

thechevyhdman
05-19-2002, 17:13
Ive always been one to throw a K and N onto anything Ive owned 6.5s Dmax, Saturns etc. Ive always made it work by removing the air box and using the air inlet tube to mount a cone shaped filter and clamped it down with a big water hose clamp. After doing some work on my truck I realized that theres enough room on the inlet tube to run a setup like this. Was thinking of removing the top half of the air box and clamping down a cone shaped filter right butt up against the air sensor would be great and easy way to make an airbox saving me a couple hundred bucks At least thats what volant or whomever is charging for one. Has anyone done this or think it will work? I think the K&N on my 6.5s have he same I.D to fit the tube but I will try this out and let you all know, just thought it might be a good idea.

mackin
05-19-2002, 19:56
thechevyhdman ,

Yo man sorry I missed your call ......... I'll get in touch reference ATS Exhaust ......... It is my second choice if my Bank's thing don't happen ... I'll discuss with ya on a different line ....... For your home made air box ..... For your Q-TIP air cleaner tongue.gif Nope not gonna do it either .. You know me I'm way to happy with my ...... What did you call it? OH ya ........ OILED DOWN COUCH CUSHION ...... I'll bet your turbo will whistle Dixie although. That might be kinda :cool: , But sand blasting those cylinder walls won't be ....... :D :D LOL ..........
MAC