PDA

View Full Version : No filter talk in this thread please

dmaxalliTech
06-06-2003, 17:55
Just wanted to start a thread in which nobody will mention the words "add*****al F***ration"

Whats new?
How is the wife and kids?
How is work going?

remember, no fil**r talk :mad: :mad:

DMAX Daddy
06-06-2003, 18:12
My Contribution to mankind this week

http://carcino.gen.nz/images/image.php/48b9a820/Sooty.jpg

56Nomad
06-06-2003, 18:13
Love my truck......Love my truck.....Love my truck...Love my truck

What can I say smile.gif

Waypoint3D
06-06-2003, 19:06
Help me....I have a Hot Juice addiction :D
Now my wife wants to swap her Excursion for my DMAX..if only Burbin+Damx was a reality ....

Victory Red
06-06-2003, 19:11
Ok how about these?

Any new information on what the next generation D-maxs will be?

Any new info on the release of the pod for the juice?

Would anyone have gone for a 3.42 or 4.10 rear end in they were available for the diesels?

Would you like GM to offer a larger range of diesel offerings(burbs, vans, trailblazers, Impalas)

Don't you wish GM would offer performance parts for the duramaxes from the factory?

And the real tickler:

What's the one thing GM should offer with our trucks that isn't available......but would be sooooo sweet to have? :D

Hound
06-06-2003, 20:04
dmaxalliTech, Can you suggest what the top performing Dmax go juice particle straining device is? tongue.gif :D

K1XV
06-06-2003, 20:21
Victory Red:

I would have considered a lower numerical rear axle ratio if one were available. I don't tow but love to see low rpm when cruising.

I would have considered a Duramax Suburban if one were available, but now having the crew cab 2500HD, would have probably selected it anyway because I have more need for a cargo area than a third row of seats, and the ARE cap gives the truck a Suburban look.

The options I wish I had that are not available are MP3 playing capability on the CD system (probably a no-no for legal reasons)and a turbo boost gauge.

Murf
06-06-2003, 21:25
Eric, got your shipment of GMC goodies today - thanks for the help - Murf

Grizz272
06-06-2003, 23:05
Just installed the temp probe in the passenger side exhast manifold. I never thought about the gas attack that I would be subjecting my self to. I forgot how nasty exhaust fumes could be. :(

DURAMONSTER
06-06-2003, 23:23
I wish thay would offer a set of rims on the duallies. $48,000 and gray rims.
I get mad when I see all these f***s with factory alum rims.

Victory Red
06-07-2003, 06:13
You're right a factory boost gauge would be cool. I love the addition for the trans temp so why not full bore with egt temp/boost from the factory? Sure some guys would still change them to aftermarkets for personal choice, but that would be cool.

I also like the polished rim idea for 1 tons. With the new ugly front end Gm forced upon us chevy guys, polished rims should be a recall ;) .
Although i do like the lines of the front end looking down the side of the box towards the front though. Also a nice billet grill and hood protector help detract from the slanted eyes of the front ends.

Griz what do you mean by exhaust fumes???

mackin
06-07-2003, 08:44
I wish these sun "filtering" clouds would go away here .....

I would luv some "Mega" sun right now .......

That would be the "Cat's" azz .....

Guess I'll just have to "Parker" in the driveway till it clears up .....

Mac http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif

imported_
06-07-2003, 09:31
Mackin,

:D LMAO :D

I would like to see lower gears in my truck, 4.88 r&P would be nice as an option. But that would mean they would have to "accept" larger tires :rolleyes: I guess a real off road package as an option would be nice. 38" tires, 10" lift, real skid plates, true HD front suspension (IFS is OK if it works), 4:1 low t-case, water proof electronics and a snorkel for the air intake. Hey, you asked!! I would have paid for it all :(

Two things they should have made stock, 24v waterproof electrical system and a 200L fuel tank.

Oh, to have dreams :cool:

motovet
06-07-2003, 10:09
Ditto on the larger fuel tank...HD truck with wimpy capacity. Also could have come stock with the added horsepower most of us have added. Oh...the wife and kid is doing fine. Escalade handles and AFE intake are on the way...market is looking up.......

Tsckey
06-07-2003, 12:13
I'd like to second, or third, or tenth Nomad's comments. I've never enjoyed driving anything on the road as much as this thing and that includes my old 356 Porsche, a Honda Prelude, and some other interesting machines. It's obviously not the handling, but there is something about thundering along in these beasts I just never get tired of.

I'd also like a taller top gear. I would rather have a sixth gear than a taller rear axle, though. It's annoying that my wife's '02 Odyssey has a lower net final drive than my truck. If that little motor can loaf along at high speeds I don't see why our trucks can't with twice the torque.

TC

dmaxalliTech
06-07-2003, 16:33
Hound:

dmaxalliTech, Can you suggest what the top performing Dmax go juice particle straining device is? clean fuel from the pumps :D

Mackin, your handles are in, shipping Monday, I need to know which engine cover you have, early or late style. Late has the air tube running into it. Either way, dont think grommet is avail seperated, unless you mean the one on the late covers that it snaps in to in the rear? :confused:

Waypoint:

Now my wife wants to swap her Excursion for my DMAX..if only Burbin+Damx was a reality .... Yukons are being built at this time with the big smokey in them, Havent seen them yet....

JMJORDAN
06-07-2003, 17:48
I LOVE MY TRUCK! BUT 3:55 gears would be nice. I think they would spread the power out better. Also as you 6speed guys know reverse should be a lower gear. Its to fast to try to back a trailer I my opinion. Good thing I got 4low. All that being said I LOVE MY TRUCK! :D

Good One MACK :D :D

mackin
06-07-2003, 22:25
Originally posted by dmaxalliTech:
Hound:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />dmaxalliTech, Can you suggest what the top performing Dmax go juice particle straining device is? clean fuel from the pumps :D

Mackin, your handles are in, shipping Monday, I need to know which engine cover you have, early or late style. Late has the air tube running into it. Either way, dont think grommet is avail seperated, unless you mean the one on the late covers that it snaps in to in the rear? :confused:

Waypoint:

Now my wife wants to swap her Excursion for my DMAX..if only Burbin+Damx was a reality .... Yukons are being built at this time with the big smokey in them, Havent seen them yet.... </font>[/QUOTE]Early no watcha call it ....

Mac

WhiteDuramax
06-08-2003, 12:43
Thunder in Muncie was this weekend, you guys missed a good time that couldnt come. There were at least 10-15 Duramaxes there, pullin and drag racing and stuff. It was a good time, except for the Drag racin getting rained out early today. ATS's Duramax was there, wow that thing is fast! Dyno was there also, so I put mine on to see what happened. #'s should be in sig if I did it right, they are with juice and predator.

SledZep
06-08-2003, 12:58
On the topic of what I would like from the factory... How about the easy stuff like all the goodies that come on an LT Burb but not my truck??
I paid the money... Same interior colors...

Oh yeah and all of the power/gauges goodies too.

Wife/kids fine
I'm burnt out on working 7 days a week!
But My boys have the #1 album.....

SledZep