PDA

View Full Version : Fill'er up at McDonalds

Greg Watkins
05-20-2002, 06:59
Found this. Don't know if it is true or not, but it is funny :~>

greg

"HOUSTON, Texas - Did somebody say "McDonald's?" No, but thatIS the smell of a deep fryer coming from Tom Nevers's mini-school bus. He drives around town in his bus filled not with gas, but vegetable oil. Whenever he's about to run out of
fuel, Nevers pulls over to a fast food restaurant or any other place with a deep fryer and asks the manager for a tankful of oil. He said, "I've never been turned down. They have to pay somebody to haul it." He pumps the oil into two tanks in the bus; it then goes through another filter and
heat exchanger that he added to the original diesel engine.
In his favor, the U.S. Department of Energy says the oil reduces "nearly all forms of air pollution" and "can be used in many (diesel) engines built since 1994 with little or no modification." Nevers has logged long miles with the free fuel: the bus has been running on vegetable oil for an entire year and has a total of 220,000 miles on it."

Plasticfantastic
05-20-2002, 07:06
It is true. Not in widespread use, but kits are available. I had a link somewhere...

Nels
05-20-2002, 07:33
If that guy has been driving 600 miles per day for a year, how come I've never seen him come through here?