PDA

View Full Version : Holy @#%&* this truck is FAST!! JUICED UP!!

stevem
05-20-2002, 20:56
Ordered the 90 HP Juice Fri morning.
Installed it in 5 min today after work.
The power is fantastic, smooth throw you back in the seat type of power.It will smoke the rear tires for days.Feels like a whole different truck.The engine now has the feel of a high perf Big Block Chevy. I'm still shaking from the Juice maiden voyage test drive smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
I'm koo koo for the Juice.
Time to get some guages and a G-Tech meter.

Steve

AzKevin
05-20-2002, 21:10
Excellent! Another example of a way too fast charcoal gray Dmax. Hmmm. Could there be a cause and effect here? :D

I'm finally getting around to having some EGT/boost gauges installed this week. Think I'll feel a bit more secure. :cool:

LarryM
05-20-2002, 22:11
AzKevin:

Who's doing your gauges? Gauge models and prices?

Thanks

NutNbutGMC
05-20-2002, 22:30
^...These dang things still won't do more than 97 MPH. Nothing fast about that. :D :D I want more speed. Don't care to smoke the Michelins. A dang mini-van can still outspeed a Duramax... :mad:

[ 05-20-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

Tader Jack
05-21-2002, 13:30
stevem --

Who did you buy your Juice from?

Jack Schultz, McKean, PA
jackschultz@adelphia.net

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jack_schultz2001/rlst

2001 Chevy Silverado, 4-WD, 2500HD, Crew Cab, Short Box
LT Trim, Black Onyx w/ Tan Leather
Beltronics 980 Radar Detector • Blinder M-10 Plus Laser Radar Jammer
4 Rockford Fosgate FRC2206 Full Range Speakers • Husky Rubber Floor Mats
Lund Interceptor Wind Deflector • J&J Stainless Steel Tube Grill
Putco Stainless Steel Bed Rails • Access Roll-up Tonneau Cover • Pendaliner SR Bed Liner
DTA Stainless Running Boards and Mud Flaps • VentShades • Pop-Lok Rear Tailgate Lock
Lucerix Remote Control X-Mount Camper Mirrors • Unity Dual Door-mount Halogen Spotlights
Air-Lift Super Duty Ride Control w/ Dual Controller & Onboard Compressor •
Tekonsha Voyager Trailer Brake Controller • Uniden 510XL PRO CB Radio, Wilson Antenna
Kennedy Diesel Headlight Harness with 4 Lamp Mode • PIAA Platinum Super White Headlight Bulbs
Amsoil 2-Stage Air Filter • FPPF Total Power Diesel Fuel Treatment • FPPF 8+ Cetane Improver
Amsoil 15W-40 Synthetic HD Diesel & Marine Engine Oil • Amsoil Series 2000 75W-90 Synthetic Gear Lube (GL-5)
Coming soon . . . Banks Power 4” Stainless Monster Exhaust . . . on order right now.
------------------------------------------------

alamovet
05-21-2002, 13:40
Diesel Injection Service (Dallas office web page dieselpage.com) installed my Isspro gauges-boost & pyro. They installed them in about four hours and did a perfect job for $350.00. The full A-pillar mount, coupled with the excellent install, make the gauges look factory.

I debated getting the digital gauges and although they are nice, they just don't have the OEM feel that the analog Isspro gauges do. I try to keep my truck as "OEM" as possible, guess I'm just anal that way...but I also don't want to be making payments on something that looks like it has every JC Whitney add-on possible!

If you want to install your gauges yourself, I've had good luck dealing with Kennedy Diesel...everything I've ordered has come in within a day or two and they've spent up to an hour with me on the phone during installation!

hoot
05-21-2002, 14:18
alamovet,

My SPA DG-111 dual digital gauge costs as much as your entire install. It's practically lab quality, made in England. Far from JC Whitney.

Just thought I'd mention that in case some guys get the impression the SPA stuff is cheap.

After installing mine and now using it, it's a first class product. Very easy to read and super precise.

On the other hand, I do agree and like the looks of the Isspro gauges.

[ 05-21-2002: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

alamovet
05-21-2002, 14:38
Sorry about that, I didn't mean to imply anything about the digital gauges...I've only heard good things about them. The analog gauges just worked better for me.

AzKevin
05-21-2002, 17:03
Hi LarryM,

I've called around and there aren't many Phx truck shops that sell gauges let alone do the install. After a few calls I decided to use a shop in Gilbert. They're called SuperDutyHeadquarters. One truck shop I called even admitted SDHqrtrs was the only shop he knew that stocked EGT/Boost gauges.

I'm going with the Autometer UltraLights. The purchase/install price is around $450. They estimate a 4 hour job on the install.

Let me know if you hear of any other local truck shops.

LarryM
05-21-2002, 17:10
AzKevin,

Thanks for the info. I'll have to run over there and check it out.

I heard there was a place in Phoenix doing gauges, but I never did get a name.

madmax7
05-21-2002, 20:53
SuperDuty HQ did my gauges and did a great job. Make sure that you request the egt readings pre turbo, normally they install post turbo.

I got the Autometer white faced Phantoms- Real nice, especially at night.

SDH wants me to come back as they are not happy with the quality of the Autometer dual pod that they installed. Ryan (owner) is really cool and will completely stand behind his work. :D

The AZ contingent should get together and compare notes one of these days.(if you are interested)

AzKevin
05-21-2002, 21:16
madmax7,

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely request a preturbo EGT install. I'll take another gander at the White Faced Phantoms too.

An AZ contingent note comparo sounds good to me! :D

LarryM
05-21-2002, 22:03
I'm all for an AZ contingent confab. Hope I'm in town when it occurs. I spend half my time these days burning up the road in my D/A!

stevem
05-22-2002, 14:12
Tader Jack stevem --
Who did you buy your Juice from?

TJ
I got it direct from Edge.
$850 deivered.

Help, my rear tires are melting.
:D :D

Steve

DogDays
05-22-2002, 14:28
Larry M
Does this mean I have to go all the way to Chandler for my guages? Can't find a shop in Tucson area that does them and since I live down on the border it's a long haul for me. :confused:

imported_
05-22-2002, 16:47
love my ezamp box!!!! wheeee..... wikked hit of torque.... better than the beta box i had for sure and yes... mine is charcoal too... leather...why not?.... and now awesome power is but a 1/4" away!!!!!!
PS charcoal is a fast colour!