PDA

View Full Version : Fuel in Oil

Scott Glewwe
08-19-2005, 12:42
Finally happened today - the dreaded injector failure. Rough Idle, low oil pressure. Checked dip stick and all I got was diesel fuel - no oil smell - just smelled of diesel fuel. Off to dealer for repairs. I think I've run the field now. So far I have had the "mystery ping" in the oil pump area. failed allison shift switch, had the tailgate cables break, brake "jutter" (more common with ceramic pads I guess?), the shocks are shot and I have a clunk in the driveshaft. All fixable to be sure, but this is a 2002 truck with only 74800 miles on it. No towing, bone stock except for a K&N filter. Oil changed every 3000 miles - any takers? Maybe I can talk the guy who bought my 1995 6.5L into selling it back to me (it is still running strong with 209,000 mi.)

Scott Glewwe
2002 dmax/allison crew cab, long box, white with A/R rims, roll-up tonneau cover, westin oval steps, K&N Filter

Skynut
08-26-2005, 08:47
Wow what a let down.
I am considering getting a 2006 2500hd c/c 4x4 with an lly or lbz engine and reading this makes me concerned.
I hope I do not get a lemon.

More Power
08-29-2005, 12:57
The frequency of reports for "fuel in oil" have declined drastically in the past year. In nearly all of the past oil dilution reports, the fault was with the injectors, and in one or two cases it was due to a bad seal in the Bosch high-pressure pump. LLY owners haven't had this issue, due to engine mods that route all fuel-return lines to outside the engine.

Jim