PDA

View Full Version : New GM Recall Notice in the mail today.

SHOPMAN426
08-19-2005, 19:00
Ok, pick up the mail today after getting home from work and what do I find in the pile of credit card offers, bills, and other junk, but another recall notice from GM. I'm surprised no one else has said anything. Looks like GM wants to buy me a new fuel filter, gee, that's mighty nice of them. GM is conducting a voluntary customer satisfaction program that affects all 2002 model year GMC Sierra vehicles equipped with a Duramax. I will assume that Chevy guys are getting this notice too. The purpose of this program is to inform you of a new improved fuel filter and to provide you with on free fuel filter change. I don't want to be sarcastic, but it sounds like GM is trying to cover it's A**. Hasn't this already been a topic on this page? I wonder if the Racor fuel filter thats been sitting on my shelf since last year is any good, now that this recall is out?

Shopman426,
Mike. :confused: :confused: :confused:

SHOPMAN426
08-19-2005, 19:12
I guess I should have looked seven lines down, duh! And here I thought I was going to get a jump on everybody.

Shopman426,
Mike. redface.gif redface.gif redface.gif

More Power
08-20-2005, 06:57
To be effective the fuel filter recall would need to include all LB7's not just the 2002 models, since most are likely still within the 5 year or 100,000 mile engine warranty.

Jim

oyazi
08-20-2005, 10:20
wonder if there is adverse dialogue going on between Bosch/GM w/Bosch pointing an accusing finger at GM so to shift some of the blame/costs? Bosch must have taken some huge losses on these injector issues.

SDakDmax
08-20-2005, 10:25
I just got mine in the mail today for my 01..
it says its good until sept. 30

SHOPMAN426
08-20-2005, 10:55
I think GM is sending these recall notices out as specific brands and model years. I'm sure all LB7's will be addressed. The letter makes it look as just your year is contained in the recall. I changed my first one last summer, I have been putting off number two for a few months. Now I will get it done since it is free. Will need to check on what to do with the one sitting on the shelf. When Baldwin had a recall on it's oil filters, I just took what was left of the case I bought back. They swapped me one for one, no questions asked. I wonder if they will do the same since I bought the Racor filter there also? :rolleyes:

Shopman426,
Mike.

Onebigcanuck
08-20-2005, 12:00
Also see "Duramax Filter Recall" posted earlier.

tongue.gif

OC_DMAX
08-20-2005, 12:41
To be effective the fuel filter recall would need to include all LB7's not just the 2002 models, since most are likely still within the 5 year or 100,000 mile engine warranty.

Or could it be that the 2001 - 2002 injectors are more susceptible to damage due to dirty fuel? There was some word in the 7yr/200K mile injector warranty extension letter that mentioned "ball seat erosion".

Jake99Z71
08-20-2005, 13:47
Got mine for the 01.