PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter Change

JD Diesel
08-20-2005, 14:18
Changed my fuel filter today. What a pain in the ass that was. had to take the battery out to change the stupid thing. Would like to to talk to some of them designers with the back of my hand. Could have put the damn thing where you could get to it easy. Oh hell no that would be to easy and require some extra brain power and common sense. (sorry just had to vent a little) :eek: JD :eek: Oh yeah 8,000 miles now need to get the trans filter.JD

oneton
08-20-2005, 15:08
JD, is the filter in the same location as earlier models? My 02 is a breeze to change. I just pull out my inner fender well and everything is right in front of you. I don't even have to pull the wheel off to do it either.

David

JD Diesel
08-20-2005, 20:53
I dont know have never looked at lb7 before. JD

SLT556
08-21-2005, 06:49
The A/C lines are kinda in the way on the LLY set ups. I did mine this morning for the second time. Went in through the fender well so I could get both hands on it. Only took about ten minutes. I agree that it could be made more convenient. The powerstroke has the oil and fuel filters right up top. The oil drain plugs are more convenient as well. Wish Chevy/Isuzu could take some hints from that.

sluggerjoe
08-22-2005, 19:30
Did my LLY for the first time on Saturday. I did some research and decided to do it the Madmatt way, with a strap wrench from above. I also used a gallon ziplock bag (that is a great idea). I just shoved the Oring into the groove on the filter, lightly greased it and the inner rubber boot an put it back on. All done in about 10 minutes. I did have to bend the one refrigeration line out a bit, left the battery put. Worked off a small step stool.

Wouldn't say it was easy but I work on junk for a living so no big deal.