PDA

View Full Version : My first tow with Dmax ... **grin**

SparkyTX
06-09-2003, 07:21
**grin**

**grin**

**grin**

he he - still grinning!

We did a short little overnight jaunt this weekend (about 130 mile RT) to a local state park. My camper is a 21', 3500# popup. Literally didn't even know it was back there! Stopped like a dream (Prodigy) and took off like nothing. Ran one of the trip computers specifically for this trip, averaged 17MPG. Not bad considering about half the trip was Dallas traffic getting in/out of town. Very pleased!

My previous experience towing this trailer was with my big Jimmy. At that time it only had 35" tires, but over 400HP and a locked rear. That translates into a lot of front-end movement when you get on or off the gas. Combine that with the weight of that trailer and the short wheelbase of the Jimmy and it was usually a white knuckle affair.

I got this rig specifically for towing and for creature comforts for the family. I can certainly say I DID NOT GO WRONG. My girlfriend, our 9 year old, and I were all loaded in the front seat. Two dogs and a cat were in the massive area created by folding up the rear seat of the CC. We were travelling in comfort, style, and all with economical performance.

I am REALLY looking forward to our trip next month to the mountains of Colorado!

Oh yeah... still grinning!!!!

pontiac_m18
06-09-2003, 08:55
[ 06-09-2003, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: pontiac_m18 ]

pontiac_m18
06-09-2003, 08:56
HI BRIAN & I'LL add you to the "HAPPY CAMPER LIST!" :D :D :D

DWB
06-09-2003, 08:59
Congrats SparkyTX, Sounds like you made the right choice. I was wondering if you live in the hot part of TX. It's in the 100's here in the CA desert and my A/C is not working very well (I posted it in the 2500HD Truck area) and was just wondering if your 03' was the same?

SparkyTX
06-09-2003, 09:25
Well, it get's purdy hot here, but hasn't been too bad here lately. We broke the century mark a couple of times last week and didn't have any problems with the a/c. This weekend was nice as it was only 95 on Saturday and 85 yesterday. Post this in the Accessories forum and you will probably get much better feedback.