PDA

View Full Version : I smoked a power stroke 2 times!

Govt issue
11-07-2005, 06:29
It was sunday night at about 7. I was checking my headlight adj when a truck pulled out to pass me. He blew by me then I noticed it was a power stroke. Oh hell no., So I put it to the floor, and we both ran up on trafic. I noticed that he had an aftermarket exhaust and a k/n filter sticker. As soon as the lane cleared he put it down to pass a car and i went with him. He started pulling from me at first then I started walking up on him. We started about 55 mph as soon as I hit 65 it was all over. He could not get away from me all the way to 90 mph. We hit traffic and had to slow down to 50mph. All the cars that were in front of us turned off at the next exit, nothing but highway. The power stroke put it to the floor and started puffing, I did the same, boost guage sprang to 10 psi , home made fooler. exhaust temp I never looked at probubley around 1000 thats about all my truck will do without a trailer. The ford pulled about a half a truck on me from 35mph to 55 mph , but then I started pulling on him. I jumped out in the left lane and held it down. When I got beside his drivers door we were about 75 mph. I looked over but couldn't make out his face. We were both glued to the road. I pulled ahead of him and changed lanes, back in the right lane, 90 mph or so , I kept it down till the speed limiter at 98mph, looked in the rear view and he was maybe 2 trucks behind. Trafic was ahead so I costed down to 50 mph, The ford was riding my bumper, left lane opened up so I put it to the floor. The ford put it to the floor and folowed me, He started gaing on me inch by inch untill we hit about 65mph The I started waliking from him. I didn't let off of it untill the speed limiter at 98mph, looked in the rear view the gap was the same as before. Maybe 2 trucks clearence between us. My turn off was the next exit so I started coasting and put on my blinker a mile and a half early, trying to get him to pull over. He just took the other lane and put it on the floor. He seemed to be a little ****ed off.I don't know if he was a 7.3 or a6.0 It was the 1999 and up body style 4x4 crew cab long bed. I surburban is a 1996 6.5 td with a home made boost fooler and thats it. 3.73 gear with 265/75/16 tires, 4x4 k2500 over 8600GVWr. That is the third power stroke that I have outrun. The first one was a dullie 5 speed 2whell drive. 50 mph up no problem. The second was a 96 power stroke 5 speed drag race He didn't even have a chance. My truck is completely stock, 240000 miles, so everybody needs to go buy a boost fooler, and don't take **** of those ford and dodge guys!

G. Gearloose
11-07-2005, 06:37
Uhm, how do you know it was a he? tongue.gif

Don't wreck some family with this silliness; it happens every day.

Govt issue
11-07-2005, 06:58
I passed him once I couldn't see his expression But I could tell it was a man.