PDA

View Full Version : JUICE on 6.0 ford

retiredalaskan
02-26-2003, 07:47
Anyone been over to the edge site lately? I was over there to down load dyno charts for the dmax,and saw they have charts on the 6.0 ford ,you need to take a loog if i read it right,370+- hp 750+-torque.how is ford able to do that and gm can't.Just wondering. :( :(

2K2AD
02-26-2003, 08:34
Go to JK's site and look at the charts for the hot juice.

hoot
02-26-2003, 08:40
Looks like the Ford puts more of it's "More Power" to the wheels.

Take a deep breath......

From reading early experiences, even with the added rear wheel power (stock), it really doesn't do much better than our rigs.

Now the question is, in the real world, does the same thing occur with the Juice on both rigs?

OK, more power to the rear wheels but is the real world performance, e.g. highway speeds, mileage, downshifting, really much different.

We will find out in the near future as more of these beasts hit the road.

Anybody hear if the 2004 Dmax will have any changes at all?

Searay90
02-26-2003, 11:11
Well if history is any indication, the ford automatic tranny will not be able to put the power to the ground for long before it blows up. Fords tranny problems coupled with all the birthing pains of using snap together o-ring connectors on AC and fuel injection systems is why I switched brands in 95. Fords were all my Dad used to drive, I drove them for 20 years, but will never buy another one. Got VERY tired of AC system repairs for leaking o-ring connectors, recalls on fuel injection connectors leaking, and their crappy AOD and E4OD trannys (had to replace one of each of them at about 70K miles and I do regular service and do not abuse them).

The DA combo will continue to grab market share :D

Toddster
02-26-2003, 12:55
Does the Ford Torqueslip tranny have a limp mode ? I wonder how much power it will take if it does....It would be a riot if they could only add about 50hp or so ! :D

GMCTRUCK
02-26-2003, 13:21
From what I've been told by a product developer the new Ford auto has been taking power levels that the Allison won't during product testing. Could be a better tranny or just not have a "self defense" mode. Time will tell. They are more worried about the 6.0 right now.

mtomac
02-26-2003, 13:34
the Torqslip doesn't have a "limp" mode, but it does have "scatter parts and tranny fluid all over the road" mode to leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere

HP & TQ charts comparing the juice offerings for GM, Ford & Dodge (copy & paste)
http://antiquetractorpulling.com/EdgeJuice6.0vs6.6vs5.9.htm

[ 02-26-2003: Message edited by: Micheal Tomac ]</p>

hoot
02-26-2003, 14:12
According to those results, the Duramax puts down more torque!

Kent Tuttle
02-26-2003, 15:06
"scatter parts and tranny fluid all over the road" mode

Micheal, this is a good one. Made me laugh.

a bear
02-28-2003, 17:21
In my view you can't beat good cubic inches. More power, smaller engine, I wonder how long it will last. The 1/4 mile is good but I need one to last longer. :eek:

GMCTRUCK
02-28-2003, 19:49
That's what the Ford guys with 7.3s said about the 6.6 Duramax when it came out. They used the bigger is better argument also.

Burner
02-28-2003, 20:10
Bigger is better for pulling heavy loads, provided that they are at the same development level.-----------

Look at what ford is putting into the 550 trucks, 7.3's. For our "size" trucks the 300 to 400 ci motor is prime. A bigger motor will far exceed the trucks limit and the smaller motor will not hack it while loaded.
;)

Burner

GMCTRUCK
02-28-2003, 20:58
Actually Ford is using the 6.0 in 450s and 550s now and International has been using it (VT365) in their trucks for about a year. I'm certainly not saying I would buy a 6.0 PSD, especially not first year in a Ford. It might turn out to be a good engine. Navistar gave it a 400k mile rebuild schedule. Yes all being equal the Duramax should produce more power than the 6.0 PSD, though I'm not sure I'd want the more complicated variable vane turbo on my truck. Bottom line is I'm suprised with how much power Edge has the 6.0 PSD at so soon compared to the time they spent on our engines. Maybe they see more $ with Fords larger share of the diesel market.

[ 02-28-2003: Message edited by: GMCTRUCK ]</p>