PDA

View Full Version : SES light and lotsa error codes....

Corey S
02-26-2003, 11:34
Well, I'm puzzled. This all started when the truck had about 17,500mi on it. SES light came on, and it seems like it's been on every since. The truck has always run strong, got decent mileage, and has never left me stranded.

Took it to the dealer at 17799mi on 7/23/02, don't know what the codes were, but they said it was a bad Air Intake Heater Relay. They had to order the part, so they cleared the codes and gave my truck back. Said it shouldn't affect anything during the heat of the summer. Course, SES light came back on the next day.

Took it back to the dealer at 21770mi on 8/20/02 to replace the relay. Cleared codes, replaced part, and sent me on my way. SES light stayed off for about a week, then was back on solid.

Took truck in at 28807mi on 10/15/02. They were convinced that happened to get a faulty relay last time, so they replaced it again (had one in stock this time), and cleared codes. SES light came back on the next time I started the truck.

I was starting to get fed up with this. Probably not a wise move, but I didn't get the truck back in there for a while (I needed it to tow very frequently), but it was running fine! Now, for more....

Took the truck into the dealer again at 35548mi on 2/19/03. This time they said there were 5 error codes stored. One was Boost Charge Pressure Maximum Exceeded, a couple had to do with the EGR circuit, and I don't think he told me about the others. They said they found a bulletin about a rev of ECU software that could cause false error codes. So, they reflashed the ECU, put about 30mi on the truck to test it out, and gave me the truck back. It made it thru the following weekend, no problems. Then, Monday night I was returning the trailer to its storage location, and turned off the truck while I disconnected. When I started back up to leave, the SES light was back on!!!

Took it back in this morning at 36135mi, two more codes. They are P0101 and P0404. The guy said one had to do with the MAF, and one with the EGR circuit. They are scratching their heads, then decided to give me the truck back so I could get to work. They are gonna call the Chevy tech line today and try to figure out what's going on.

It's possible this could get a little hairy since my warranty just ran out, but I'm not too worried about being able to argue my way thru that one. ;)

So, do you guys have any clues/ideas about what's wrong????? :confused:

Could the Banks exhaust have anything to do with it?

[ 02-26-2003: Message edited by: Corey S ]</p>

hoot
02-26-2003, 12:30
You shouldn't have any problem with your warranty. I have always had pre existing conditions fixed well after warranty was over.

Also, that falls under the five year/ 100,000 mile warranty.

Example:

Our 1994 Full Size Blazer. Every spring the A/C needed recharging. They eventually said a line was leaking and replaced it while it was still under warranty. The following year it needed recharging again. It was over a year out of warranty.

They checked it out, called me and said the entire system needed to be replaced at a cost of some $850. I said go ahead, but I'm not paying because it was a pre-existing condition that was never truly fixed while it was under warranty. They agreed after looking into the records.

[ 02-26-2003: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>