PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter Question??

Brucec
02-26-2003, 14:00
Ok has there been a second filter option picked?

If so does is there anyone around PA that could install for me I am handicaped and can't do it and my dealer is an idiot.

Thank's in advance.

Kennedy
02-26-2003, 14:17
There have been a lot of different paths followed, but the ONE thing you can count on is that there will ALWAYS be someone here that can, or knows someone who can help out a friend in need!

I've been working on this for some time now, and am reasonably close to a solution. Samples have been drwan and tested, and restriction has been measured. Now the wait for production...

[ 02-26-2003: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

hoot
02-26-2003, 14:20
I'm going with the Racor 600 base setup.

When you get all your stuff (parts) together and want it installed, maybe we could work out a nice Spring day (few weeks) and I'll do yours and mine.

That's if you don't mind driving to Delaware County.

No charge of course.

[ 02-26-2003: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

Jim Cobler
02-26-2003, 17:37
In my opinion, the only problem is deciding which filter and mounting base to use. Once this decision is made, it is a simple matter for any mechanic to attach the base to the frame and hook up the fuel lines.

I used a local fabrication shop that works on truck modicfications among other things. The bracket can be as simple as a short piece of channel or angle iron. It took less than 1 hour to complete the task.

YZF1R
02-26-2003, 18:35
Brucec: I live in Columbia and maybe I could help. I would like to wait for warmer weather though. I will be going with JK's setup and will do mine, then should not have to much of a problem doing another one. I'll then know the little tricks, what tools, etc.

Steve

big dipper
02-26-2003, 22:32
BruceC,
I am a few hours from you as I am in Baltimore, but should the need arrive.....just le me know.

I am also awaiting the Kennedy set-up.

George

[ 02-26-2003: Message edited by: big dipper ]</p>