PDA

View Full Version : Tire Size?

bullet2110
02-26-2003, 15:52
I have a 2003 D/A Crewcab. I would like to replace the small stock tires with some real tires. Is 285 the biggest you can put on stock wheels without rubbing something? I would ike to raise the truck without changing the suspension, because it rides so good now. Can you put 17" wheels on it and still get the speedo set right?

Thanks fellas.......Mark

RapidMax
02-26-2003, 19:32
This whole tire size thing just really frustrates me. I think the stock 245/75's just look dinky -- I've read of them here referred to as "roller skate wheels."

When I bought my '03 CC I had every intention of upgrading to AT LEAST 285/75's. I've seen dealers selling conversions with 265/75's and heard (here) of some selling with 285/75's.

My manual specifically says that I can only replace with the same size (245/75) for warranty issues. There's also that frequently referenced service bulletin about looking at tire size before doing warranty work for a variety of issues (e.g. drivability).

I'm so torqued off. Despite thinking these are the coolest trucks around, I would have bought a different brand truck if I would have know this would be such an issue. I'm still thinking about going with 285/75's on 16x8 rims and swapping if needed, but I really hate to take the risk of voiding aspects of the warranty.

I really don't care about speedo concerns, but the warranty on a $45K truck is a big deal.

Anyway, there's LOTS of stuff on this forum posted about tire sizes (what works, what doesn't) if you search for it.

[ 02-26-2003: Message edited by: RapidMax ]</p>