PDA

View Full Version : ahhh...the coolant problems continue.

Alli-max
06-12-2003, 08:30
Just picked up the truck yesterday after sitting in the shop for 9 days. All new seals around the injectors and $1318.60 later, I am on my way. 5 miles later when the thermostat opened up, LOW COOLANT light. Back in the shop this morning. Agrivating is not a good enough term to describe how I feel. :(

dmaxalliTech
06-12-2003, 09:09
alli, sometimes these buggers can be a pain to bleed properly, its possible that there was an air pocket in system that worked itself out. there is a bleeder bolt on top of tstat housing, I have had a hard time bleeding these out sometimes.. keep us posted on what they find

Alli-max
06-12-2003, 10:02
Well, GM MIGHT help help me out.... I am getting all my records together this morning....

Alli-max
06-18-2003, 17:51
Week 3 in the shop, update:

From the department of no sh!t, they have determined it is a head gasket. GM is paying 35%, 30% from the dealer for it. Not bad I guess. It will be ready on Tuesday, so they say.

I am getting so tired of driving this 95 Z71 right now. No CD player (tape) or XM. I have listened to Jerry Clowers and Lewis Grizzard tapes so much I am about to explode.

Maverick
06-18-2003, 19:25
I hope they test both sides. They found my pass. side gasket bad, changed it, put it together. It still blew coolant because the drivers side was bad also. They never checked. They pulled both sides the second time and did them both at the same time. I would be sure they check both heads gaskets. You will blow a gasket like I did if you got to take it back again for something they should have fixed the first time. Seems the dealers have no complete problem solving ability. They find the first thing wrong, fix it and shove it out the door to the customer.

Alli-max
06-19-2003, 20:36
Gracias, Maverick. I will let them know in the morning! They did that to me already the first time with the injector cups....