PDA

View Full Version : Got Gauges!!

RWA II
06-12-2003, 09:28
Well I finally got a little extra money in, and I ordered my gauges, intake, and exhaust. I got my gauges yesterday, and they pod mount was not what I was expecting. Evidently the full pillar mount is an overlay and not a replacement to the A pillar currently on the truck. I would prefer to keep the existing pillar intact so I could put the truck back to stock some time in the future. Has anyone found a mount that actually replaces the stock one, or are they all overlays. Links would be helpful.

On a second note, I would like to review that nice set of installation instructions that use to be on the members pages. Does anyone know how to link to those, or have a set for me to look at. I have been considering putting the gauges in the overhead console. Anyone have this done? Pics would be great to see, because I am worried about that little piece of plastic being curved.

Thanks for the help all,
RWA

Maverick
06-12-2003, 09:51
I pulled the gauges out of my 3500. An OEM replacement pillar was only like $23 bucks. Came with the foam and pillar mounting clips also. Go ahead and cut into yours.

As far as the gauges article.....dunno....can't find it either. I have access to the whole site. Jim, where is it or did you remove it?

[ 06-12-2003, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Maverick ]

Tinbender
06-12-2003, 10:12
Check out my pics for the overhead installation, I used the Rectangular digital. The install should be simuliar. I think John Kennedy has install instructions on his website.

I think the articles are pulled at the end of each year and sold in book form.

Have fun, Bob

More Power
06-12-2003, 13:22
The Diesel Page is a subscriber supported web magazine. Feature articles are part of the Electronic Magazine (E-Zine) format here in The Diesel Page. Articles appearing in "This Month's Features" section will run for 30-90 days before being removed from the web site (new material is added on about the 15th of each month). Once leaving here, feature articles, product reviews and tech pages will only be available as part of a high-quality bound Feature Articles & Product Reviews volume for the year in which they appeared.

The "Got Gauges" article is now available as part of the 2002 Feature Articles volume.
http://www.thedieselpage.com/back02.htm

MP

RWA II
06-12-2003, 17:47
I guess I will check out Kennedy's page since I can't get the instructions from the archives. So if the replacement pillar is only 25 or so, why do they want 75 for the pod holder that is only an overlay? Do you think the overlay looks better than the small pod holder?

Ron