PDA

View Full Version : TST Powermax Installed

GMCTRUCK
02-27-2003, 13:53
The only reason I am taking the time to post this is because my right calf is cramped from standing on the go pedal. My 6 speed truck would bark 4th gear stock. With the power level (PL) set a 6 and the torque enhancement level (TE) at 6 and taking off in 2nd gear it will spin 3rd, and bark 4th and 5th. This is full lift disengaging the clutch shifting. I haven't experimented with nearly all the settings but, I did try 9 and 9. Between shifting and coutersteering there were arms and legs flying all over the place. When I did have a chance to look at the display I saw 30lbs of boost and egt around 1100. Truck runs smooth with no burps of hiccups. Seems to idle a little higher at the higher settings. Throttle is alittle touchy for around the town driving at levels 9 and 9. You can even change power levels on the go. So far so good. The wire harness coming off the display/control box is kind of an eyesore especially being white. So I might reroute it. Thats it for now. :D :D :D :D

cmtndmax
02-27-2003, 14:58
Would like to hear more about install of the TST.I am trying to decide what box will work best for me. They all sound good. I ask everyone to please continue posting results & opinions of your testing. I want to do this power upgrade right the first time. There is a dodge boy locally that needs to be brought back down to earth. He runs a TST box and it is very impressive.

mackin
02-27-2003, 15:18
GMCTRUCK

Sounds excellant,a six speeders dream come true....Would be nice if the Egt and Boost monitor was optional,for those sport'in gauges all ready.....

May I coin a phrase From "Bommer"......."SEE YA IN THE REARVIEW !!!!!!!"

You'll never shift that hand shaker fast enough, better get practicing Jesse.....

LOL

MAC :D :D :D

GMCTRUCK
02-27-2003, 20:21
Spent time on the highway tonight. Runs excellent, cruise control works perfect. Seeeing the digital temp and boost a night is very cool. Took a buddy for a ride whose got a 97 Dodge with a hopped up 360. He sh$t and I only had it on level 6. Power comes on smooth and linear. I can only imagine how good it will run once winter is over and I'm not running blended fuel. My airbox is also still 100% stock. Truck still has the lousy drive by wire feel but, thats because it is. So far I am very pleased although, I have nothing to compare it to. I have heard nothing but good things about the Juice but, for three months they have been telling me anyday for in cab adjustability for the 6 speed. I just couldn't wait any longer and since I didn't have gauges yet the Powermax seemed like a good idea. Mac, I'll give it my best shot. I can shift pretty fast, I learned how to drive stick on a Toyota Landcruiser with 454 4pd when I was 13. I just hope that I'm far enough ahead of you that I don't take out one of your dually fenders when my truck steps out sideways as I grab third gear. :eek: :D ;)

sdaver
02-27-2003, 23:33
you guys live in the same (small)state... hey get together and get it on.......make the loser tell us about it :D dave

RATDOC
02-28-2003, 00:51
I'll even offer the use of my Vericom computer............. MUCH better than a G-Tech.
Tom

Oongawah
03-01-2003, 00:58
Yeah! Bring it on!!!

GMCTRUCK
03-03-2003, 16:20
Got some more seat time today with dry roads. Got EGTs into the 1200s on an uphill highway blast with about 30lbs of boost. Truck just pulls. Any bump in the road or spec of sand and it will break the tires loose at 40+mph. TST is working on module updates as well as stronger clutches and Allison mods. They're testing a ceramic clutch currently and could be as soon as a month for a clutch upgrade. They already have increased power programs and will gladly reprogram existing modules for customers. Buddy with a 2003 Chevy D/A went for a ride with me to pick up a 68 Camaro on Sat. Gave him a level 4 blast with the empty car trailer and he couldn't believe the power. Called me Sunday night to thank me because his truck felt like a dog now. I told him he was welcome. ;)

[ 03-03-2003: Message edited by: GMCTRUCK ]</p>

mike.morris
03-04-2003, 06:48
GMCTRUCK, Have you been looking at any fuel economy numbers? I would guess not with the cramp in your right calf, but thought I would ask. I called TST a couple of weeks ago asking about fuel economy, and they stated that they had not even looked at those numbers due to the focus on HP and torque. If you lighten up any on the pedal, let us know if you are getting better MPG. Saw on another post that the 110 VA box is yielding 24% better economy vs. stock.

GMCTRUCK
03-04-2003, 14:10
I have not checked my mileage since the install. I think some people with 03 trucks are still using their onboards to tell them what their mileage is and this is where some of the far out mileage increase #s are coming from. Once you install a "box" your onboard is out of the loop when it comes to knowing how much fuel you are using. My average for this tank has jumped from 18 up to 22mpg since I installed the TST and I know this can't be true the way I've been driving. When I fill back up I'll have a better idea. in theory as long as you drive "normal" your mileage should increase with the advanced fuel timing that the timing boxes use to boost our power. I am curious to see how the TST compares to the other popular modules on Allison equipped trucks. On paper it makes more peak power than the Hot Juice, I just wonder how it will compare in the real world. My biggest reason for getting the TST was programability with the 6 speed.