PDA

View Full Version : Predator First Impressions and a Question or two...

DMAX Daddy
06-12-2003, 23:20
First Impression: WOW
Second Impression: That little rice car sure is getter smaller fast

Question 1: Can I sue JK for tire damage? ;)

Serious Question 1: I did all the speed limiter adjustments and tire adjustments on the 100 HP setting, will they stick if I swap it to the 40 HP tow setting or do I have to reset them. I would have played with it more but Im playing Mr. Mom for two weeks with my 2 year old and I had to get her from the sitters before I could play anymore :(

Also, I ordered it from John Kennedy after lunch yesterday my time,and it got here AT lunch today. Less that 24 hours! Also I wanted to thank him publicly for answering all my dumb email questions over the last year.

For the brief drive I did, the only shift acting stupid is the 2 to 3 shift. The rest seemed normal.

And yes, its on the 100 HP mode. :D Ill probably kick it back to the 40 HP tomorrow at work.

Bullseye54
06-13-2003, 07:26
I don't know if it does or not ,but you can go the view settings in the modify part after you put in the 40hp & it will tell you.I can't seem to make myself go back down on the power,but I'm going to have to tow soon.

DMax_Doug
06-13-2003, 10:32
Just went out and checked mine, and I think tire size adjustments are carried over to the other tunes. I originally corrected my tire size on the 40hp tune. Now I'm running the 100hp setting, and the tire size adjustment I made at 40hp also shows on the 100hp setting.

Doug

DMAX Daddy
06-13-2003, 15:17
Predator Problem #1:

Today I was pulling into a parking spot and the engine surged REAL bad. To the point the brakes wouldnt hold it and I had to slam it into park.

It happened againd shortly thereafter turning out of the parking lot to the right and coming to a stop at a Stop Sign.

Once is odd, twice in 15 minutes is Strike 1! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

DMax_Doug
06-13-2003, 15:26
Dmax_Daddy,

Did the surge happen without applying the go-pedal? Or were you under throttle?

I've noticed as others have on the 100hp setting the truck can be jerky, and if you are even slightly heavy on the pedal it will really jump forward. It took a couple of days for me to adapt to the sensitive throttle.

FYI, I find the 85hp setting is much less sensitive off the start; if the surges continue try 85hp for a couple of days.

DMAX Daddy
06-13-2003, 15:45
Actually I had my foot on the brake coasting into the spot and slowing down. Damn near hit someone.

Kennedy
06-13-2003, 22:37
Park will seldom stop you when moving. Neutral is a better choice. We'll have to see if Johan has had any other reports of this. Could be just a fluke...

DMAX Daddy
06-13-2003, 23:39
After the first two times I couldnt get it to do it again, so fluke is a definite possibility. I tried about 20 minutes after work.

Gear wise, I said park but with it lunging at a lady getting out of her car, neutral, reverse, park, whatever! I was just trying to get the drive gears disengaged.

Other than that Im very happy with it. 2 to 3 shift still flares, but time will take care of that.

DinoMax
06-14-2003, 07:15
DMAXDaddy, the calibration changes will hold from one HP tune to another, but will not hold if you go back to the "stock" setting. If you ever put it back to stock, say for warranty work or service, you will have to reset your speed limiter, tire size, etc. My truck initially acted funny in the 100hp tune also. Not so much a big surge, but more like the lopey idle that appeared on some stockers. Got better when I went from v1.03 to v1.04, and now after running it for several months, it is non-existant smile.gif The 100hp tune is definately more sensitive to throttle pressure. For every day driving, I prefer the 60 & 85 hp settings. By the way, I've been averaging about 14mpg on the 85hp tune. Not too bad for a 7,000# truck with a 6" inch lift and 315's :cool: Have fun with your new toy, and the longer you run it, the better it will get.