PDA

View Full Version : Hot Juice L4 - Too Much Fun !!

Waypoint3D
06-13-2003, 16:46
This experience is probably nothing new to the veterans of this forum, but today was the first day I ran L4 t/h all day, since installation of my Hot Juice two weeks ago. After the first day of playing with every level combination and being blown away by the raw performance but disappointed about the quirky shifting...I decided to heed the advice found on the forum and take it sloooowww to L4.

Holy vapor trail batman!...it really does make a difference. Shifting is now smooth and quick, just like a well executed manual shift.

Performance? :D
Todays' kills:
- BMW motorcycle, he almost broke his neck looking at the Duramax badge staying side-by-side with him
- Bright yellow Mitsubishi rice burner, pulled over to see if his rear wing was slowing him down ;)

And to think I was only going to get the "Regular Juice"....but as JK put it when I sought his wisdom "the Hot Upgrade is a good idea"...OH YEAH! definitely good advice!

Well...I think another diesel breathing, power junkie wants to join the gang....

NWDmax
06-13-2003, 19:12
Now if you run without the "Juice" the darn thing feels downright gutless!
Welcome Waypoint.
Blake :D :D :D

Waypoint3D
06-13-2003, 20:24
NWDmax ...your absolutely right...and to think at one time I was thrilled with the awesome power the stock D/A had over my F*rd DeadStroke.
Jim smile.gif smile.gif

Billy14
06-13-2003, 23:26
Waypoint,

What's this about taking it slow to L4. Done a search & can't seem to find anything.

I'm running Hot 4.61 & although it does run very strong, I have teeth wrenching shifts from 2nd -3rd, really soft prolonged shifts the rest of the time, & dies dead in the road occasionally from a stop with multiple starts needed to get across the intersection (dangerous).

I started out L4 when purchased 4 mos. ago & been there ever since. Too much fun. Never heard of starting off low & working up to L4 if I interpret your post correctly. Please advise if you have time.

Thanks,

Billy

mackin
06-14-2003, 05:59
Waypoint

The Juice really is something, AWESOME .... Good luck ......

Billy

The Allison is learning what and how to handle the extra power it is now getting ....

Creeping up helps the learning process ... Therefore the shift will ultimately be less quirky and abrupt, to, cleaner and quicker ....

This is true for "all" power enhancements and the Allison .....

Mac

:D :D :D

Waypoint3D
06-15-2003, 08:36
Billy14,

On day one I did the same thing, straight to L4. The whole drive into work, whenever I stomped on the skiny pedal...tires squealed then...what seemed like an eternity to shift as the truck defueled and slid into the next gear. On the way home it started slamming on some shifts and slidding into others, no doubt it had power.

So..I spent that evening searching every thread on the fourm..and it seemed two extremes prevailed....go straight to max power on any of the mods...run it hard and limp home, OR take it slow <thanks mackin smile.gif > and everything settles in fine and all the power gets hooked in.

I've also discovered that WOT is not the only pedal position of choice when leaving the competition in the dust. I ease off a dead stop and then roll into the throttle, smooth and quick. The truck does nothing but GO, with just a faint tire squeal and really smooth shifts.

Jim ... :D :cool: :D

GMCTRUCK
06-15-2003, 18:03
Originally posted by mackin:

Billy

The Allison is learning what and how to handle the extra power it is now getting ....

Creeping up helps the learning process ... Therefore the shift will ultimately be less quirky and abrupt, to, cleaner and quicker ....

This is true for "all" power enhancements and the Allison .....

Mac

:D :D :D Of course none of this applies if Mac is riding shotgun in the truck of a first time Hot Juice user. In that situation he'll let em put it right in level 4 and let'r rip. Kind of his own little Allison limp mode science experiment. Classic example of do as Mac says not as Mac does. ;)

Billy14
06-15-2003, 23:23
Waypoint, Mackin & GMCTruck,

Thanks to all for the input. If I understand you correctly, even though I've been running the Hot for about 5 mos. in L4 from the get go, should I now go to L1-then 2 & so on working up to L4? How long in each level? Hrs., miles, days, or weeks?

Thanks again,

Billy

mackin
06-16-2003, 06:18
Originally posted by Billy14:
Waypoint, Mackin & GMCTruck,

Thanks to all for the input. If I understand you correctly, even though I've been running the Hot for about 5 mos. in L4 from the get go, should I now go to L1-then 2 & so on working up to L4? How long in each level? Hrs., miles, days, or weeks?

Thanks again,

Billy You learned it the "Hard" way ... Going back now would be pointless ...

Mac
;)

Billy14
06-16-2003, 16:02
You know what Mac,

Over the past year you never have told me what I wanted to here! tongue.gif :D

Billy