PDA

View Full Version : Power Modules?

Dick
02-28-2003, 19:28
I'll be towing a 36' FW trailer. Which of the power modules are made for towing or recommended for towing.I'd like feedback from people who have accually have done towing using the modules. Do they help fuel milege while towing? Its a big investment,are they a plus when they are used when towing?
Thanks,
Dick

king D
03-02-2003, 09:32
dick i have tried the juice and a Quadzilla power chip at towing.with both on 90 towing an enclosed 26ft car trailer the edge was a little over 260 degrees hotter with a little faster pick up than the qz.how ever when the juice or hot juice actually was in the 75hp range both performance and temps were almost identical to the 90 hp qz,with a slight edge in performance going to quadzilla.i think either of these chips will work fine for towing.call the companies tell them what your concerns are and see how they handle themselves.get a gut feeling by talking to the companys and see which one gives you the best feeling about getting your cash.

Oongawah
03-03-2003, 02:00
Dick, KD is right. It depends on your needs/desires. You won't need any module for that trailer, but in my case I'm a power freak, and judging from KD's sig he's one of the freakiest freak FREAK's(hehe). Man, that's one radical setup(mod, and propane). As far as MPG, I noticed about a 2MPG gain on avg. I'm biased to the juice because that's all I've experienced so I'm not a good judge on the different ones. Hope this helps, Chuck.

chevyguy
03-03-2003, 02:54
Anyone have any first hand experience comparing the hot juice with the bullydog chip.

sixl
03-03-2003, 08:49
I believe they are the same ;)

king D
03-04-2003, 06:23
i believe dully dog uses the van aaken and the juice under their label.i have tested a hot juice verses a quadzilla power 90/185 chip and am cyrrently testing the juice to a 90/140 qz chip.to be honest there isnt a whole lot of difference betweenthe two boxes as for as performmance goeson the high levels.the times are both tit for tat however the qz does have a little more top speed but it should because of more hp and the juice is slightly faster out of the whole.as for temps i know some very good sources said they got immense heat with the va style box but i tell you egt to egt this qz van aaken is hands down cooler than the juice.however the juice has more power selections but you cant change them on the go.both are excelllent products but i had some problems with the juice and sent it back when i got it back the same prob arose.edge told me that on some trucks this happens and they just dont know why.they took the chip back no questions asked very first rate.i also just got a new program on my qz chip the 90/140 and now it statrs a little slower than it did at first like the juice did know.i hope this helps.jess