PDA

View Full Version : WVO : Fuel spilling out

GMGREEN
07-18-2005, 06:10
Just wondering if anybody has converted a 95 6.5
to run on grease and had the same problem I'm having. The problem is when I switch veggie pump on then switch main pump off and turn the solonide switch to the veggie tank, the diesel fuel spills out of the main fuel filter. I have check all lines to see if they plumbed right, and they seem to be . Any help would greatful

GMC Hauler
07-18-2005, 06:30
Is the little black air bleed cap on top of the filter tight? I have had a problem with those not sealing before. Took a filter change to fix it.

If it is that valve, why would it not leak out when you are running the factory lift pump???? :eek: Have you checked your pressure while running each pump?

DChristie
07-18-2005, 16:07
Ummm...
GMGreen, how many switches do you have to flip to go from diesel to VO? I ask b/c I do mine in one, and I'm not sure I follow what you have going on in your system.

A buddy of mine converted a 2004 dodge Cummins to run on VO.
The trouble he had; was the excess return line wasn't plumbed back to the VO tank but to the diesel tank. It (the diesel tank) would overflow through the filler cap going down the road.
Balls of solid rock. :eek: I don't think I'd convert my new truck till it had run out of warranty.

DChristie

Basshopper
07-18-2005, 21:16
I had that problem when I installed my GC kit as I mounted the heated VO filter over the OEM D filter. I believe the heat made that cheap plastic retainer ring losen up. Try losing it and retighten hand tight. That fixed it for me also as said the bleed valve on top of the filter.