PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS ON BAD INJECTORS

Zap
02-28-2003, 19:36
My question is will running the DMAX with bad injectors hurt the engine. I have two bad injectors and waiting for the dealer to get the replacement injectors in. I am also waiting for a solenoid in the Allison to be replaced. The dealer said it wont hurt anything to run the truck until they get the parts but I feel a little uneasy about it.

Kennedy
02-28-2003, 20:51
Zap,

I believe we spoke today? I would NOT run the truck if it is smoking or hanging an injector. It is too easy to wash a cylinder and/or dilute the oil with fuel...

Devin Tornow
02-28-2003, 22:22
What is the engine doing saying that you have 2 bad injectors?

Considering what can happen to an engine when fuel deliveries between cylinders become unbalanced, I would not drive it. I certainly would not load the engine down. My 2cents.

[ 02-28-2003: Message edited by: Devin Tornow ]</p>

Zap
03-01-2003, 08:16
Yes John, we did speak, thanks for all the info you gave me over the phone it is greatly appreciated. When I talked to the dealer they said they were waiting for GM to call back but said I could get the truck and drive it until the parts came in. I guess I will take it back and drop it off.
Devin Tornow, when I start the truck one or two cylinders don

KompressorMan
03-01-2003, 09:15
If your truck is running rough and has bluish smoke, I wouldn't run it. My truck had a failed injector in Kansas City and I drove it back to North Georgia on the recommendation of the KC dealer. I was pulling an empty enclosed trailer, but then again all that was noticed was a slight loss of power. It was easy to see the bad injector(s) were clogged with a rust looking crud (DID NOT GO THROUGH FILTER), but they were probably working marginally. No smoke or anything, it was more like a partially blocked filter.
Herb