PDA

View Full Version : AH HA! Injectors!

01F350SRW
11-24-2002, 21:01
Well fellas, after I said I wasn't adding on engine mods to the truck...I changed my mind. This truck is just to much fun, Honestly. I asked a guy that put on my 5" non-muffled exhaust today about injectors for the Dmax and he pointed is finger to www.dieseldynamics.com and behold they have injectors for this beast, but at a cost. 1200 BUCKs!! :eek: :eek: I plan on ordering the "Hot" Juice this week after research and all the good things about it that are talked about it in the forum but I still want a little more than just electronic performance, so I plan on ordering the injectors also. I wonder how these two mods will stack together? Good or Bad? I dunno, but I guess we'll find out. Hopefully I'll have them both installed within the next two weeks. I won't have my truck though until the injectors get here cause I have to send them in to Diesel Dynamics as an exchange. :confused: Guess I'll have to drive the Ferd. Also, I live near Winston Salem NC, not to far from any big city, does anyone that might live in there area on here know where a Dyno might be? No one seems to know that I've talked too. I would like to put this baby on the rollers to see what numbers she puts out and I'm sure there are some of you on here that would like to know also.

By the way, the 5" inch straight pipe is beastly, I mean BEASTLY, to loud for most prob, but it sounds like a Concrete truck with a full load. No noise inside though. :cool: Anyone that lives in my area I would be happy to get up sometime to reminis and compare trucks.

[ 11-24-2002: Message edited by: 01F350SRW ]</p>

Swayse
11-24-2002, 22:03
Man, sounds like fun. What do you have planned for the Allison?

Kennedy
11-24-2002, 23:07
Injectors are a tricky business. To do them properly you need to have the nozzles flow tested, and then, to be sure, they should be dynamically tested as well. The test equipment for the Common Rail stuff is JUST getting off the ground. This is why I have been holding off. Once I have a set that has been thoroughly machine tested, THEN I'll put them in my truck...

JEBar
11-25-2002, 04:52
01F350SRW ... there are a couple of NASCAR shops on the south side of I40 right near you .... bet thoses guys could tell you where a dyno is located ... Jim

mackin
11-25-2002, 05:53
01F350SRW

Just a tid bit do with it what you would like.....I talked to someone here=&gt;http://www.dieselmax.com/subs/pricing_availability#gm
They were somewhat informative but did acknowledge that they sold the Edge box with Injectors for $2,595.00 :eek: ..The edge box offers up 125 HP .....Their combo kit is 165 HP..... So for the additional prolly unusable 40 HP for $1550 dollars and you lose your stock Injectors and any hopes of a dealer fuel injection repair in the future..... I would stack with another plug and play box and save yourself $800 dollars and some grief, for now.....Or go with the PP products still cheaper....Just my opinion and another way of looking at it as I did I guess....The choose is still yours.......

Where is that Diablo programmer?????

MAC :rolleyes:

Kennedy
11-25-2002, 08:23
Injectors WILL be a big part of the performance picture, as increasing injector "on time" can only get you so far without hiking EGT's and lengthening the burn time.

Again, the key here is, to have them dynamically bench tested so we KNOW what we are puting in. This equipment is just hitting the shops as we speak, and I hope to have a set done soon. The nozzles are flowed, it's just the assemblies that need to be tested.

The equipment to test the HP pump is in place, but of course, nobody has a need yet...

Amianthus
11-25-2002, 10:56
Diesel Dynamics stuff is top shelf. Lawrence, if that's who's making these, defineately knows his stuff. You can rest assured that he balances the injectors as a set before they leave the shop. I don't know this for fact, but I'd be surprised (and disappointed) if they weren't. All the Dodge stuff is tested and balanced before it leaves the shop. I don't see why the Dmax stuff would be any different.

BTW, they have an '03 Dodge making 550 HP on #2. Just FYI. :D

Kennedy
11-25-2002, 11:05
If they do, then they got some test equipment sooner than anyone else. I've been referred by a test equipment mfr to their front running shop/customer with common rail stuff, and they are JUST going to be starting (with my injectors) after the holiday.

7mmSTW
11-25-2002, 13:34
Something may have changed since but it seems that I read a post, (TDR I think), by someone from DD on dmax injectors. They stated something about an EGT problem and that so far they weren't advertising them anymore but they would sell them on an at your own risk basis. I will see if I can find where I read that thread and post a link. Like I said, something could have changed since then. I do believe that injectors will be the next big step for SERIOUS horsepower.

Later

Seven

6.6L&94ImpalaSS
11-25-2002, 15:05
I spoke with Mark at Diesel Dynamics and Lawrence is in fact the one working on this project. I did not ask if they were tested, but was more concerned about knowing the issues with fuel filtration, how will these injectors react. The answer was the same. Knowing that, I think we should concentrate our efforts on improving the filtration (by the way, thanks to all the guy's who have been working on that for us) smile.gif so we don't destroy a set of new performance injectors. BTW, I did mention filtration and Mark said they were unaware of our problem, but did show concern, because of warrenty issues with their new injectors.

FWIW, my injectors stick quite often when running the juice box, so I have been looking at new injectors and better filtration to get my problem fixed. :(

Mike