PDA

View Full Version : High Fuel Taxes? Do something about it.

Jim Cobler
03-01-2003, 10:56
Gasoline taxes are a large part of what you pay for fuel. Some states are over $.30 per gal. If you have not checked your state fuel tax lately, go to the following site:
http://www.gocomchek.com/gocomchek/gocomchek.nsf/FuelTaxes?OpenForm

It lists state taxes on fuel. I have and I suggest all of you write your senators and representatives regarding these taxes.

If you don't know their E-Mail address do a search on your state government, find your elected officials E-Mail address and write them. Everyone complains but not to the correct people.

mackin
03-01-2003, 11:26
CT is . 26 cents plus Federal which is .24 cents I believe.....Still doesn't make any sense for supply and demand OVER pricing of Fuel in the winter months.......

Minimal cost increases are expected during theses cold times, but should only represent pennies not quarters and half dollars.....

What is the suppliers justification?? If in short supply how does raising the price going to assist?? We need to drive in the winter and heat so they raise prices??

It's pure BULL $hit.....Cost no more to refine Diesel today as it did in the summer, taxes are the same TOO then and now.....

Politicians suck we all know that but they aren't the only ones to point blame at.....

It's price gouging period !!!!!! They got ya right were they want ya.....It's down right horrible......

MAC :mad: redface.gif :mad:

DIESEL/VETTE
03-01-2003, 12:02
WELL MY FRIENDS, LETS OPEN UP ALASKA AND SAY THE HELL WITH THOSE SAND JOCKEYS.

xwing
03-01-2003, 13:46
You got that right.
What BETTER place to drill for oil than a COMPARATIVELY barren, frozen desert like some places in Alaska? Is it better to drill in the OCEAN where things actually LIVE and any spillage instantly goes everywhere...or on Oklahoma or Texas land where things actually live, the density of LIFE is so much higher?

Of course we MUST save frozen Alaskan deserts--so Sierra Clubbers can fly over it a couple times a year and act superior. All those rich Hollywood and Music Industry limosine/airliner liberals are hypocrites, as they JET here, JET there, many with PERSONAL jets using 10's of thousands of gallons of fuel, GIANT entourages of sycophants... yet they demand WE all "Save gas, Don't Drive Wasteful SUV's, and protect the Wastelands of Alaska".

Of course I am also ALL FOR getting all the oil we can out of the rest of the world FIRST, so once they are sucked dry we still have alot of our own smile.gif

MaxACL
03-04-2003, 08:06
I make a weekly trip from NJ to IN that takes me through the entire width of PA and OH and most of IN. I'll pay $35 to 40 bucks one way in tolls. My question is what are the taxes paying for? And talk about a Monopoly!

Just my 2 Durms. :mad: