PDA

View Full Version : Fuel milage

oneton
06-15-2003, 21:07
Hi guys, it's been awhile sence the last time I posted but I thought I would share my recent trip over the weekend.

I pulled my wife's car on an open U-hual car transport up to WV from here in Tampa for her annual summer vacation. All I have to say is that the D-max is coming in very nicely. I've yet to fill the tank up when I got back home this evening but the numbers I got are fantastic. Pulling the car up I got 14.37 mpg with the air blasting the whole way and an hour idleing while we took a snooze at a rest area. I averaged around 65 to 75 depending on the road. I dead headed back with the trailer and pulled a 14.75 mpg again the air blasting the whole way and running in the 75 to 80 mph range. I couldn't be happier with the truck which turn over 30,000 miles during the trip. I've done nothing but normal mantainace on her so I hope those that I read that are having problems with their trucks performance get it resolved because the trucks are a blast when they're running right.

56Nomad
06-15-2003, 23:01
oneton,

Add that secondary fuel filter and you can
expect (1+) mpg to your truck.

oneton
06-16-2003, 17:20
Ok, final numbers were: With the car going up = 14.38 mpg. Coming back with the trailer only = 15.17 mpg. That's .79 mpg for a 3000# car. The entire trip averaged 14.76 mpg. Next time I'll check the numbers for my 30' enclosed car trailer and see how much of a difference there is.

Nomad, I've seen the hoopla over the secondary filters but I hadn't read that it would increase milage too. I'll have to think long and hard about adding it. BTW, I just took a look at your pictures, nice install on the secondary fuel filter.

Thanks

[ 06-16-2003, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: oneton ]

BROKERS
06-16-2003, 17:39
About 9mpg loaded all the time.30-400k the milage stays the same.