PDA

View Full Version : TURBO DROP OUT

Chico
07-18-2005, 20:36
1994 6.5 turbo Diesel Suburban with 204,000 miles. At 2500+ rpms, I lose power and drop about 200 rpms. This happens whether I'm in D or OD. It happens sooner if I'm pulling even a small load (13 ft travel trailer)or going uphill. Just no guts. I get the SES light on and codes 41 and 35. This happens with a new FSD, new air, gas and oil filters, cold or hot weather. I've had the injectors checked and two mechanics look at it (not the dealer). Any ideas? :confused:

Chico
07-18-2005, 20:41
Sorry, the injectors have not been changed in al least 130k and no they haven't been checked. Chico

Kennedy
07-19-2005, 05:01
Gauges (particularly boost) would be nice so that you can see what the turbo is doing. I would start by verifying vacuum at the vac pump (22"hg +) and at the turbo (15"hg+)

TJ Moose
07-19-2005, 08:30
I just dealt with a code 35 - come to find out it was a leak in a vacuum hose between the pump and the turbo wastegate controller (this on a '95). SES light had come on, and rig running weenier than an Oscar Meyer hot dog. Pump HG at 22", but at controller 11". Found a rough spot were the vac line rubbed on the A/C compressor, and duct taped it, only hoping to keep further rubbing from happening until I bought a new line. ADT (after duct tape) controller vac back up to 15", and problem solved, rig running good again. Easy diagnostic, especially if you have TDP troubleshooting book. 2 minutes for checking code, 15 minutes to run basic vac checks, 30 seconds for duct tape - satisfaction of not taking it to a shop - PRICELESS!!