PDA

View Full Version : 20 MPG Got love that !

JMJORDAN
03-01-2003, 16:41
My trucks got 7500 miles now and she is running good! Went to Akron, OH this morning to look at 87 Buick Turbo Regal, and stop at Summit Racing for some goodies. Round trip from local fuel station was 243 miles used 11.91 gallons cruising at 75mph. Stayed at 75 almost the whole way. Except when some peacky d@dge boy was pestering me by riding way to close. I could not even see his hood in the mirror! So when he finally pulled to pass me I let him get right up beside me and then I put her to floor and left him behind. He pulled back in and did not ride my tail again! It was one of those New d@dges. It must have been A five speed regular Cummins because when he was beside me all could here was that thing rattlin. :D

Duramaxerado
03-01-2003, 19:31
hahaaaa thats great!!!

gotta love it huh??? :D

DieselEnvy
03-01-2003, 22:22
JMJORDAN,
Just got back from Summit a little while ago. Wish I would have been there earlier today, so I could check out your truck. Its nice to see a ZF truck since they're so rare. I did see a CC Max as we pulled out of the parking lot (close to closing time). BTW, the new Summit retail store is pretty nice huh?! Stay out of there with the plastic! :D

JMJORDAN
03-02-2003, 13:31
DieselEnvy I was at Summit about 2:00 pm had to park out back because so many where there. The New store is awesome! Way more displays. I used plastic and spent more than I planed. That always happens when I go there. I was shocked how rare the ZF trucks are when had my dealer do nation wide search for mine. I wanted crewcab 6speed long be 4x4. He did the search and only found 6 in the US! 4 at one dealer in Portland, Oregon,1 in Baton Rouge, LA, and the one I bought came from rural Virgina.

DieselEnvy
03-02-2003, 14:56
I was checking out the AutoMeter Phantom gauges when I was there........pretty slick. Now I just need a truck to put them in. LOL! Well, I got 20+ mpg yesterday (25 to be exact). Too bad it was in my girlfriend's V6 Camaro!

Runaway
03-02-2003, 17:30
JMJORDAN, if you heard that Dodge/Cummins rattling, it wasn't an "03." :rolleyes: They (03's) are just as quiet as the DMAXs now. You must also be a short guy as the Dodge sits higher than the GM trucks and would be pretty tough not to see the hood of one of them in your mirror. tongue.gif

JMJORDAN
03-03-2003, 15:55
Runway You guessed it I am Short! It was a 03 only the HO 6speeds have common rail injection. That is why I said it i must be a 5 speed. When he was beside me I did not see column shift so I assumed it was a standard. The HO Cummins are as quite as our Dmax is They run very good to! Just cant stand that D@dge they wrap them in.

turbokid
03-03-2003, 17:15
Actually all the 03 cummins have common rail...

Runaway
03-03-2003, 17:22
Not to disagree, but all "03" Cummins are now common rail injected and quiet. I know, I looked at one when I was deciding to trade for either another Dodge or the DMax. Dodge hasn't changed the front end on their 4x4s to my liking and I felt the Chev was quieter inside. After two Dodge/Cummins, I agree, great engine - poor wrapper.

Just rattling your cage alittle (no pun intended), not trying to start anything here. In fact my sister just traded her "01" Dodge for the same problems I was having and theirs was a gasser.

Have a great eveing and a better day tommorw. :D

JMJORDAN
03-03-2003, 21:04
Runaway Thanks I learn something new every day!
My neighbor has 03 Dodge Cummins automatic it rattles pretty load. Loader then my Dmax! I just looked at the Cummins web site and your right they are all common rail. I test drove HO Cummins right after I bought my truck it was quite and ran well. Its torque comes on earlier then are trucks but it runs out of steam a 2500 like all other Cummins I have drove while are Dmaxs pull hard to 3200. You have a good day too!

DMAXTODD
03-09-2003, 23:53
JMJORDAN,
Where did you find a 6 speed I am looking to trade my D/A for one.