PDA

View Full Version : Stalling ??? What the heck!!

TPIJeep
06-17-2003, 14:23
The other night me and the wife went to dinner, got back in the truck idled around the parking lot to the main road, pulled out to the center lane sat there for say 30 seconds eased on the throttle and the truck died, started it back up, waited for another opening hit the gas it died again. I then restarted it, tached it up to say 1100 and went without a problem, hasn't done it since, no check engine light or anything like that. I am running a HOT juice on lev 2, no fuel mods yet and had a full tank.

Should I be concerned? 2800 on truck!

CanadaKev
06-17-2003, 18:39
TPI,
To hazard a guess, I'd say you probably have a little air in your fuel system. I'd get it checked out.
You could crack open your bleeder and give your primer a couple o' pumps to see if you get any air.
Kev

GSXRTURBO1
06-18-2003, 06:44
My truck did the exact same thing a week or so ago. It was right after I installed the stainless bleeder screw, so I thought I might of had air in the system. (I found no air when I bled the system later). I also had a hot juice installed on level 2 or 3 at the time. No problems since then, but because I was at a stoplight at a busy intersection it was nerve wracking, I wouldn't want it to happen again!

Coldfront
06-18-2003, 15:16
Definitly sound like air in the system! I'm am the poster boy for air in the system!! regards jim