PDA

View Full Version : Duramax and tech 2

heartbeatcanada
06-17-2003, 18:24
I am going to finally dyno the truck this weekend. I got my diesel enhancer pusher, to get his hands on a tech 2, to lock the truck into 4th gear. He doesn't know how to use it(furd driver), and the guy he is borrowing it off of is a tow truck driver and he doesn't think it can be done on a 01 model, and doesn't know how to do it either. My question to all the experts here is

#1- Will an 01 model work on a tech 2(i think i know the answer, but don't want to be disapointed when i get there)
#2- Can anybody either tell me how to run the tech 2 so the tranny can be locked in 4th or point me in the direction for this info.

Sorry if i sound dumb, but i haven't had this tool in my hands to see or play with, and don't want to waste time on the dyno trying to figure it out as there is suppose to be quite a few that want to run. Thanks for any info and i will report back with some numbers on the predator and stacked with the juice, as it still feels like it has more power together to me, i will soon find out if i have been foolin myself. :eek: Later

heartbeatcanada
06-18-2003, 15:30
Come on guys, whats everybody in the witness protection program on this one or what. :eek: Is this stuff top secret, it can;t be that complicated to tell me the steps. Whatsa up :D

mackin
06-19-2003, 13:24
Originally posted by heartbeatcanada:
Come on guys, whats everybody in the witness protection program on this one or what. :eek: Is this stuff top secret, it can;t be that complicated to tell me the steps. Whatsa up :D I don't have one, wish I did, so I don't have the hands on you need or desire...

It will work on a 01...

There will be a series of screens you will go through to find what you desire, I've seen it done .... Pretty self explanatory as you go through, just use caution,take your time ,one could get into trouble quickly,if you turn something off or on accidently ...

Mac ;)

heartbeatcanada
06-19-2003, 15:22
Thanks Mackin, thought nobody was gonna reply. Pretty much thought it would be step by step, kinda like the predator, just alittle more complexed obviously. :confused:

I will take your advice and be careful going through the steps.

See you and some others are dynoing this weekend too, good luck, looking forward to see all the different #s with all the different boxes. smile.gif Later

Kennedy
06-19-2003, 15:46
T/H mode ON

Special functions/Transmission/shift transmission.

Run the wheel speed up very easily. Select upshift until in 4th and you will hear converter lock at around 25-30 mph. Hammer it and go.

A few seconds after hammering it, the T2 will get ****ed and boot you, but no biggie, just get back to same shift transmission screen and go.

Takes a bit of technique as somethime if you smash it at too low a speed, it will "break out" of either lockup or 4th. No need for ODLO, just let it spill into 5th.

We typically run 35mph to 75 mph as a decent "window"

mackin
06-19-2003, 15:46
Thanks Mackin, thought nobody was gonna reply. Pretty much thought it would be step by step, kinda like the predator, just alittle more complexed obviously.
Pretty much,emphases on more complex... It is one helluva tool...

Mac

heartbeatcanada
06-19-2003, 17:55
JK & Mackin

Thanks for the info, most appreciated. Suppose to dyno either tomorrow night or Sat. morning. Can't wait, don't think i'm gonna sleep tonight :D :D . Will report back with some #s, hopefully good ones at that. Later smile.gif