PDA

View Full Version : Duramaximizer???

DWB
06-18-2003, 12:49
Being a new Diesel Page subscriber and first time diesel owner, I have read with intrest several postings about the different power chips and programmers available. One that I have seen in magazines, but not on the forum is the "Duramaximizer". Their ad says some GM dealers sell and install it, so it must not be a warranty issue(right?). Anyway, I was just looking for input from some of you who may have first hand knowledge.

GMC D-Max
06-18-2003, 13:15
What does the lack of discussion about it tell ya? ;)

It just really doesn't "stack" up to the Juice in terms of performance, reliability, and customer support!

king D
06-18-2003, 13:19
my brother runs one as a stacker box .seems very good as one has variable hp control ie..the more power you want the more you turn the knob

Kennedy
06-18-2003, 13:39
If it were easier to install, it would gain popularity as a "stacker" but the Allison won't take stacking, and jumping up the rail psi is considered "pushing the limits" by many.

The "dealer installed" bit does not guarrantee warranty acceptance, unless the dealer who services it is the installer, and willing to look the other way. There are dealers that install all manner of power boxes, and there are 100x as many that seem to try to find reasons to hassle you about warranty issues. Out of sight=out of mind.

LMorse
06-18-2003, 14:13
I just sent my duramaximizer back today.. Even run by itself, I couldn't tell much difference in performance.. No seat of the pants feel at all.. Stacked, it smoked a little more with no improvement in ET.. It's also a pain to have to disconnect it when you take the truck in for warranty work..