PDA

View Full Version : It just keeps getting better!

NWDmax
06-18-2003, 16:10
Just got back from a 600 mile trip down to Portland and back.
Previous best mileage running empty(except for toolbox in back)was 17.24 mpg with Mega installed and trapping alot of you know.
Trip down 17.5 mpg and trip back a whopping 19.2 mpg!!
Hot Juice set to level 3 both ways and I just broke 20k on the odometer.
Ran I-84 going down and took I-5 coming back.
Keep in mind coming back I had to go over Tiger Mountain,Snoqualmie Pass and Blewett pass.
Speeds varied from 70 to 75 mph on the interstate and 60 to 65 on the passes.
This truck just seems to be getting better all the time.
I'm a firm believer that the "air free" Mega/lift pump combo has given me the extra mileage I'm now seeing!
Blake :D :D :D :D

Dawg
06-18-2003, 17:37
I feel the same way about mine. The mileage keeps getting better. Took a trip to Portland and got 19.77mpg. Best so far. It is rare that I drive it a long distance without towing a trailer, so this was a nice suprise. It usually gets about 17mpg around town. It is a 4 mile trip for my wife to work. The thing barely gets warm! 21,000 miles.

I'm in Wenatchee a lot. I'll look for your truck.

Kennedy
06-18-2003, 17:54
I've been touching right on 20mpg on my local fuel if I behave. Once I get on the "other guys" fuel, I seem to drop significantly.

I did manage 18ish mpg from Nebraska to WI though...

mackin
06-18-2003, 19:30
NWDmax

So where was your air leak source ??

Mac http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

NWDmax
06-18-2003, 20:33
mackin
Had lots till I installed the AC Delco lift pump.
Since the initial purging of air after having the lines open I have had no more.
Ran at 5psi for a week and then rolled her back to 1 psi at the Mega bleeder.
No bubbles at the tank feed line and none at the ficm either.
No external leaks and my best mileage to date.
19.2 miles per american gallon and who says you can't turn good numbers with 285's? ;)
Outgassing whatever its totally gone. :D
Blake

afp
06-18-2003, 20:58
My best is 20.33 (juice level 4), on local fuel (uncorrected for 265s). It drops 1-2 mpg with other guys stuff.

My mileage also seems to be a off 1 mpg ever since I traded the K&N Aircharger for an Amsoil in a modified factory airbox, and had my ECM reflashed to fix the slightly lopey idle. I did both of those things at the same time.

I don't know if the air intake or reflash is the culprit, or I am driving differently. I was getting 14.5 mpg in town consistently (w/Aircharger), but now am getting 13.5. however, something as simple as longer idling time and/or making more shorter trips could cause that.

Blaine