PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filter guys New filter yet?

FreddyChevy
03-04-2003, 18:27
Hi I was looking for that huge post on the fuel filter and can't find it. Was wondering if there have been any developments in what is good to use or if its better to install a seconday filter somewhere in the system. I did my first fuel filter change and that is a pain I like my 6.5 fuel filter better. I am thinking of a 2 micron before the OEM but what are you all thinking and doing.

Thanks Kevin

GM Smitty
03-04-2003, 19:07
I'm also wondering when and if anyone has changed pre OEM 2 micron filters yet. I'm not busy this time of year, so I'm not racking up that many miles (price of diesel these days also keeps me from driving when I really don't have too). I only have about 1500 miles on my Racor unit, and am anxious to know when I might see a restriction. Although, I guess you can clog a filter at any time with a bad tank of fuel (I keep my extra in the truck at all times ;) )
Josh

ccds
03-05-2003, 00:22
go here for the info you were looking for:

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=005155&p=

smile.gif

GM Smitty
03-05-2003, 06:04
ccds - I keep up on the threads here, especially the ones dealing with the fuel filtering problems. While that thread gives great information, it doesn't answer the question. Has anyone clogged a 2 micron pre OEM fuel filter yet, and what was the mileage on that filter?
Thanks

Kennedy
03-05-2003, 08:16
I've got about 4k on mine w/o incident. Filter restriction is holding stable...

Jim Cobler
03-05-2003, 08:49
How are you monitoring filter restriction?

srubrn
03-05-2003, 11:33
I have had some filter restriction with the Stanadyne. I have about 3k on the filter and I noticed some hesitation. I changed the filter and I am good as new. I am presently using the 4.3" filter. I am wondering if going with the 6" filter it will last longer. It seems logical.

Still waiting results on the samples. They should reach the lab today.

DURA-MAX3
03-05-2003, 11:52
I am installing the caterpillar set-up today, finally getting to do it...