PDA

View Full Version : Filter

Burner
03-04-2003, 21:22
Ok, call me stupid but I am still at a loss as to why one could not replace our AC fuel filter for a CAT? If there is a thread or face problem, why doesn't someone just make a new part? I would like to have a nice tall 02 micron filter rather than the stubby, maybe 10 micron, one we have now. :rolleyes:

Burner

LA DMAX
03-04-2003, 23:12
Burner,
From what I know, the CAT filters don't have a plug for our sensor that detects water and dirty fuel filter. No plug would mean that your truck would be throwing a code for fuel filter problems all the time. Our factory Racor filters have this plug that connects to the sensor. There is also a water seperator in the factory filter, don't know about the CAT. About mounting and threads matching up, I'm not too sure about that one. Sometimes this stuff can get confusing. Hope it helps.
Later

LA DMAX
On edit: CAT won't make a filter for our trucks even though the market would be there. I posed this question a while ago and George Morrison said that to CAT, the only diesel of concern is CAT and CAT only, so they won't make filters for Cummins Navistar or Duramax even though it would be some big coin for them, they are not interested.

[ 03-04-2003: Message edited by: LA DMAX ]</p>