PDA

View Full Version : Giddy with Anticipation - I Can't Wait!

Rebel_Horseman
03-05-2003, 09:14
I needed a place to vent my excitement. i ordered my Juice from Kennedy Diesel yesterday and now I have to WAIT for it to get here. :( I'm giddy and can't sit still waiting for it to get here. Someone tell me it's gonne be here soon and everything's gonng be OK!

Maybe we need to start a support group. Bombers Anynomous (BA). The itch has got me. It all started with an AmSoil filter. That's all I was gonna do. Then my truck was too quiet so I had to straight pipe it. Now it doesn't have enough power so I've gotta up the ante. Maybe now I can finally stop the madness ;) :D . Oh wait now I have to get some gauges. Oh and a Fumoto valve so I can do maintainence easier. And a nice sound system so I can her the stereo over my straight pipe and squealing tires. I'm gonna have to get new tires too and some cool wheels to go along with the new meats. AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! Where does it stop?!?! :D tongue.gif

Reb [><]

NWDmax
03-05-2003, 09:59
Hey Reb,with as fast as John is you'll probably see it tommorrow!
Was it in stock?If it is 5 bucks says you are burning rubber on the 6th.
Have fun you are going to love it.
Oh yeah did you get the hot or reg version?
Blake :D

Rebel_Horseman
03-05-2003, 10:03
I got the regular. He didn't have any in stock, but I told him to overnight me one as soon as it comes in. :D

Reb [><]

Fathead
03-05-2003, 10:24
Count me in if you form a support group. I used to consider trucks and cars as nothing more than an expensive PIA to get from point a to point b.But since getting my new truck I have changed my mind.I never understood how people could spend so much energy and money enjoying their vehicle's as a hobby, let alone have such a passion for it. I also am on the path of constant upgrades and since I got my truck I've been acting strange.The other day I was standing outside looking at my truck and I thought:I wish I hade a 4 inch exhaust, I wish I hade a secondary fuel filter, I wish it wasn't zero degrees so I could stand here for more than one hour,I wish I had some gauges, I wish I hade a power chip, I wish I was as big as mighty Joe Young so I could f### my truck. I think I have a new hobby. and passion for it.
FH smile.gif

NWDmax
03-05-2003, 11:05
Right on Fathead!I agree completely!
Blake :D

WillowCreekStable
03-05-2003, 15:56
I'm with all you guys. Do I need all this stuff. Nope. Do I want it. OOOOO YAAAAAA!

Had the Juice off for a few days as the truck was in for some minor warranty work. Put it back on last night. Big time snow and ice on the roads today but still managed to punch it once or twice.....like falling in love (lust???)all over again.

More fun than should be allowed by law.
:D :D :D :D

Rebel_Horseman
03-05-2003, 16:23
More fun than should be allowed by my girlfriend. Good thing I have an understanding woman. Scary thing is, she told me to chip the truck! :eek: Maybe I can talk her into the gauges, and the valve, and the system , and some propane, and.......

Reb [><] :D

Kennedy
03-05-2003, 16:50
Reb,

Watch your email for a message titled Quantum View Notify!

On edit:
Upon further reflection, I believe you called in, so I likely did not use the ship notif. Anyhoo, they came in today, and I did a slash/pack and right back out the door!

[ 03-05-2003: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

Oongawah
03-05-2003, 23:47
JK, you rock dude.

Rebel_Horseman
03-06-2003, 10:49
IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just installed my Juice courtesy of John Kennedy. Initial imressions are:

This is the easiest mod that I have ever installed on any truck I've ever owned. I literally had the thing put in the truck in under 5 minutes.

Setting the power levels takes a little care at first, but when you figure out what you're doing, it's a breeze. Kudos to Edge products on both those points.

Now the real dirt. I set power levels to Norm 4 & T/H 2. Took off in norm first. Took a second for the turbo to get going and then the truck took off. After 2 fast shifts into 2nd then 3rd I was off. 3rd gear and up is where this thing really shines. I could feel the defueling between shifts. Good thing I have leather seats otherwise my seats might vahe gotten a bit "soiled!" :eek: Coming out of a turn I spun first then second and then I was off like I had a friggin afterburner in the back! WOW! Level 2 was very impressive as well. I'm looking forward to next Wednesday. I'm getting anoth 250 bales of hay on my trailer and I"m ready for it!

Iniitial impressions are fantastic. Give me a few days and I'll have more results. Tomorrow I have a long drive (empty) to Houston so I'll check my mileage there.

Reb [&gt;&lt;]

PS Thanks a bunch JK!

Oongawah
03-07-2003, 00:26
RH,

By the time you get to Houston she should be shiftin' real smooth like. Make sure you put it on L2 for haulin' My EGT's were way up there when I brought our new FW up the hill today. I think this winter fuel runs hotter. Last summer my EGT's weren't so high. I used L2 regular Juice today, and was able to cruise up the west side of hwy 58(steep, almost like the Grapevine) at 70+ with a quarter throttle pullin' a 30' FW. I felt bad when I passed a couple inline 6's, and an 8.1 on the way up. Although maybe they were able to take advantage of the short draft the D-Max provided. Did I say I like this truck? Have fun, Chuck.

NWDmax
03-07-2003, 01:40
Took my buddy for a ride yesterday running level 4 in tow haul.Pulling on to the highway hit 2nd gear in the turn and hammered the loud pedal.Lit up the bfg's,blue tire smoke everywhere and left a long and I mean long heavy stripe on the road.Got behind a car going 50 mph,punched it and he was nothing but a distant memory,boom 80 mph like right now.
Pulled over and let him drive(keep in mind he drives a stock 02 dmax)all he could keep saying was "oh sh#t,oh sh#t".He pulls out,hammer down,fishtails the 3 and a half ton "hobby truck" and another "oh sh#t" escapes his lips.
Needless to say he was impressed and another one bites the dust!!!! :D

Oongawah
03-08-2003, 21:17
NWDmax,

How do you like the Helwig swaybar, and AirLift bags? I just got a new FW and may need to add the bags, but I love the ride I have right now with the Edelbrocks. TIA, Chuck.

NWDmax
03-08-2003, 22:36
Oongawah,I installed the Airlift bags before picking up the camper so I can't say how much they improved sway etc.I can tell you it levelled the truck to stock ride height with 70 to 75 psi in the bags and it drove very well.I installed the Hellwig bar after my first trip to make it the best it can be.The little bit of sway I had is now gone and you won't be dissappointed if you buy one.My Lance camper weighs around 3400 lbs and weight on the rear axle scales at 5500 lbs.
Total truck weight 9800 lbs.Hope this helps with your decision. Blake smile.gif

IndigoDually
03-09-2003, 06:47
Reb, Did You get Your gauges installed yet? I would be very hesitant hauling any kind of weight with the Juice without them.

John

Oongawah
03-10-2003, 10:05
Thanks Blake,

I just may install some.