PDA

View Full Version : installed transgo kit

dieseldummy
03-08-2004, 21:37
Tonight I finally got my transfer case in, and while I was at it I installed my transgo kit. It makes the shift crisper and the tranny will not slip while powerbraking like it used to. I'll see how it does with time, but for not liking automatics, I am almost starting to like mine because of this kit. It was very simple to install, I didn't drill any holes like the instructions say(just didn't feel safe doing it) I think that I could have done it all without dropping the valve body. Well, I'm off to take a shower in water which is much better than the ATF I bathed in earlier.
Justin

k3500
03-10-2004, 22:22
Where did you get your kit from ?

dieseldummy
03-10-2004, 22:46
I got it off of ebay, I believe that the place was called oregon transmissions or something like that. They regularly have a kit listed for around $65. I don't know if that is cheap or not, but I had good dealings with them.
Justin

Kennedy
03-11-2004, 06:19
If you did not drill approx 14 holes, then it is not the kit that I suggest.

dieseldummy
03-11-2004, 08:01
I didn't dill the holes in the seperator plate, I was going to purchase a new one with the hole already enlarged. The main reason I bought the kit was the upgraded boost valve.
Justin

farmerherb
03-13-2004, 17:14
Justin, How did you make the homemade intercooler piping? I plan to make one myself. I have a intercooler from a Volvo, I just need to make the piping. Also how are you going to build homemade injectors?

dieseldummy
03-13-2004, 18:11
farmerherb, i started a topic a while ago about the intercooler, search for topic: intercooler. I am in the process of acquiring new nozzels for my injectors, that is how i plan on making those.
Justin

computer monkey
03-14-2004, 07:33
Doen't the B&M and Transgo kit just increase line pressure? If this is the case, I know Heath Diesel has a box that makes the line pressure adjustable. Takes about 15 minutes to install and you don't have to take anything apart. The only things is I think it is over priced for what it is.

Kennedy
03-14-2004, 09:01
The Transgo kit reqires removal of the valve body and spacer plate. There are holes to drill in the spacer plate AND holes to plug in it as well.

There are also a multitude of holes to drill in the valve body itself, a valve or two to replace etc.

There is no substitute for a true valve body kit, and this is from a guy who does NOT sell them, rather sells the Auto-Trans interceptor to adjust line psi.

I installed the Transgo kit in my 96 and then added the Interceptor to crispen the shifts.

JoeyD
03-14-2004, 12:19
Is the trans go a drivway install? I know there are check balls in there and other things to lose but is it easy to do?

dieseldummy
03-14-2004, 13:07
I found it pretty easy to install. Just keep everything clean, so probably not a good thing to do in the drivway, but if the wind wasn't blowing you might get lucky. There are 8 checkballs I beleive so the possibility of losing them is there, but they aren't too hard to keep track of.