PDA

View Full Version : Went for an 800 mile drive in '03 Duramax this weekend. Come take my virtual tour.

3TV
08-18-2002, 19:45
I just got back from an 800 mile drive in my '03 Duramax Chevy. The truck ran flawlessly, and achieved an overall average of 18.8 mpg.

Come take my tour of Capital Reef National Park, Glenn Canyon National Park, Lake Powell, Muley Point, the Mokey Dugway, Monument Valley, BFE, and more.

Here is the link :

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291476005

3TV smile.gif

[ 08-18-2002: Message edited by: 3TV ]</p>

mackin
08-18-2002, 19:58
3TV,

Guess your not wasting anytime enjoying that new toy......Great pictorial ride for the rest of us.....

MAC smile.gif

drthv8r
08-18-2002, 20:23
Excellent pictures thanks for the tour.

3TV
08-18-2002, 20:40
This Duramax Chevy is the most comfortable and enjoyable to drive truck I have ever owned. The leather seats are sooooo comfortable I could have just kept driving had it not been for work tomorrow :rolleyes: . And the Satelite radio made the trip a joy, even when going to BFE and back.

We almost got big blue stuck in the sand though. We had missed the turnoff to Bullfrog,UT so we pulled off of the road and into dry sugar like sand to turn around, and the big Duramax started to sink out of site. A quick jab at the 4x4 button, and punching the throttle, got us turned around and back to the pavement though, ... barely! The frame rails had just started to drag the sand, and the rear differential was digging a furrow by the time the front tires hooked onto the pavement and pulled us back up on the road. At that point I was glad I had swapped to the one inch wider, one inch taller, and more aggressive tread pattern 265/75 tires before the trip. It was 107 degrees outside right then, and digging out a Chevy Crew Cab had not been on my list of most enjoyable activities.

It was a great trip though. We had a fantastic time.

3TV

matt-max
08-18-2002, 20:48
thanks for taking me along with you! great trip and amazing to be able to cover that much ground in such a short time.

looks like it was pretty deserted out there. did you see many other travelers on the road or in the parks?

i seem to recall reading that the national park attendance has been way down....

matt

3TV
08-18-2002, 20:58
Attendance at the National Parks was way down compared to the last time I came through this area. For example, if you look at the pictures of the ferry crossing at Lake Powell you will see that there are only three vehicles on the ferry. The last time I crossed the lake on the ferry we had automobiles parked bumper to bumper, three rows wide, on that ferry, and still had to leave a dozen automobiles on the ramp waiting for the next ferry.

3TV

Tinbender
08-18-2002, 22:22
Great looking truck and a great pictorial ride.

Bob

DMAXDiva
08-19-2002, 05:38
Hey 3TV:

Awesome truck, awesome trip!

Thanks for the free ride :cool: ...

deerhunter7
08-19-2002, 09:09
3TV enjoyed the pics . Havn't been out west for several years. Now I miss the scenery.Looked like a great trip in a great ride!!!! :D

RScott
08-20-2002, 00:25
Beautiful picts. I miss that part of the country, haven't been since I was a kid. I have to say after seeing these picts the HD '03 is far better looking that its half-ton counter part. I saw 2 '03 half tons and I really don't like them. The taller bumper on the HD makes a big differance. One question... You may notice that the front of the Chevy has been "extended" further foward of the front wheel well. Is there more room under the hood? That's one of the things that made the half-ton look funny. I love that blue though!

SoCalDMAX
08-20-2002, 00:56
3TV,

Gorgeous truck!!! I loved the photo tour, these are a lot of the places my wife and I would like to someday visit. I can see how you covered so much territory, most of the pics were out the front window! LOL!

Regards, Steve

stretch
08-20-2002, 03:23
Gorgeous country out there !!! I'm jealous.. tongue.gif

3TV
08-20-2002, 05:51
RScott,
there is no more room under the hood than before, just a longer plastic cowling from the front of the hood to the radiator shroud.

3TV