PDA

View Full Version : Best Oil Filter

john2
08-18-2002, 20:17
Can someone please tell me what the general consensus is for the best oil filter for the 6600 Duramax. I'm just about to shift to 5 w 40 Delvac 1 (from dealer dino) at 11,000 miles and I want to get the right filter for this shift. Any other filters that ought to be change now as well?

thanks
john2

Maxxheadroom
08-18-2002, 20:26
john2
Since you are using Delvac you may want to check to see if they have a filter for your application (they are very good quality) and I believe they are for extended interval oil changes. Amsoil and Hastings make excellent filters with micron ratings down around 10 with high percentage filtration rates. Normal off the shelf filters at best are around 20 micron and need to be changed more frequently...hope this helps

deerhunter7
08-19-2002, 09:41
john2 Iv'e been using NAPAs oil filter . They were rated pretty good . As for other filters pull out your cab air filters . Icheck my air filter every oil change also . Using Amzoils .

01_Duramax_Dually
08-19-2002, 09:49
WIX has been my filter of choice. I run synthetic oil and change the filter at 5K and the oil at 10K. I cut my filter at every change and they are Clean and free of VISIBLE metallics.

Lots of posts here on this site. You might have luck using the SEARCH feature.

CARRY ON... :D