PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Warranty Issue

FstTrack
11-30-2002, 23:08
I had dealership update tranny calibration yesterday so I could do the O/D lockout, so while I was there I mentioned I was going to put a 4 inch system on. The SM went off on me and said if I changed the exhaust he would void my warranty the guy is a real jerk and just got the position, last guy was real easy. Has anyone else had any issues good or bad? I dont have a problem with takeing it to a different dealer but they are few and far in this area.

mackin
12-01-2002, 06:17
FstTrack

Take it to another dealer ...... Word of advice never give any voluntary information if it doesn't pertain to the repair .......Nine times out of ten something stupid like this comes up....If a dealer such as the one you visited gives someone grief over a larger exhaust pipe saying he would void your warranty as ridiculous as it may sound, he prolly wouldn't even know if you changed it, if he looked......

MAC

[ 12-01-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

NickLeinonen
12-01-2002, 10:06
if you change the exhaust system, the only thing that should change on the warrenty is the warrenty for the exhaust system. no factory exhaust, no warrenty on the exhaust. now in the real world, if it were only so simple :rolleyes:

Oongawah
12-01-2002, 17:25
I haven't read in the manual yet, but in this state only a court of law can void that warranty. That manager needs to be put in his place. I would go straight to the (Sales)Gen. Mgr. and inform that person that if I am treated like this by their service department, I'll just buy from someone else next time.

FstTrack
12-01-2002, 20:39
Thanks guys I will make some phone calls tomarrow morning and see what happens. They have some really good techs just have to get by the new SM.