PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be back in a GM product again...

Runaway
12-01-2002, 19:06
Well I've had this truck now a month. I traded an "01" Dodge/Cummins'6-speed. I've been leary of posting anything about it cause thats when Murphy usually shows up. Have about 2700 miles on the clock right now and I can say I am quite pleased with the rig.
I have run it slow at 55 - 60 mph and achieved 21.2 mpg (before winter fuel) and I've run 60 - 65 mph and had it come in at 20.5 mpg, and once over 2000 rpms the mileage goes down. I'm running a constant 70 mph on the 4-lanes and I am coming in at 17.3ish with winter fuel. (The Dodge/Cummins did the same mileage under 2 grand and a little higher (19ish)over 2 grand. But I expect this will get better with mileage!)
The truck handles...GREAT. I can look out at the scenery and not have to keep putting her back in its place. (The Dodge followed the crown of the road and rode worse than todays logging trucks).
Everyone knows these beasts are quiet, but I can hear the radio now and the wife. The Bose system is awesome, even with my 40% hearing loss I can still hear the high notes. (Compared to the Infinity System in the Dodge, I couldn't tell, couldn't hear over the engine)
Power Tow Mirrors are great (except for no spot mirror, The information center is cute, but busy; however, the mpg and fuel used is dead on.

Dislikes: CRUISE CONTROL ON A STICK, all my vehicles the last 6 years the cruIse has been in the steering wheel, going back to the stick type setup is old technology.
Ran it down to the low fuel light today, only 2 gallons of fuel left. :eek:

All-in-all a very nice truck. Great to be back with GM again. :D

SoMnDMAX
12-01-2002, 20:38
Vince, glad to hear you like the truck!!

Enjoy!!!

Matt

Paintdude
12-01-2002, 22:07
Vince,welcome aboard..

I agree about the cruise..I would rather see that on the steering wheel than stereo controls..

You got a GMC or a Chevy?

dmaxster
12-01-2002, 22:32
welcome aboard.....hope the new rig brings good luck and lots of future towing, and glad to hear your happy with the truck.....dmaxster.... :cool:

mdrag
12-01-2002, 23:10
Runaway,

Glad to hear of your positive experience with the Dmax. One thing to consider - the Dmax uses the fuel to cool the engine electronics, so it is generally recommended NOT to run the fuel level too low so the elctronics don't overheat...not likely a concern with the cooler temps now but may be a problem in the summer.

All-tuned-up
12-03-2002, 09:55
Mdrag,

Can you email me some photo's of your truck?

Also, send me a limb of the money tree you've been growing, that's unreal what you've done to that truck!

How much were the Alcoa's and tires?
Did you have to install a lift for those?
I'm so jealous, your link doesn't work for the photo gallery, or I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks, nice truck rich dude!
:D

All-tuned-up
12-03-2002, 09:57
Mdrag,

All-tuned-up email:

Paul@Borderscapes.com

Sorry.