PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Master mechanical wastegate control

RonD
03-09-2004, 17:44
Getting ready to upgrade . can someone that has one of these installed give me a review on this item. Also does it improve fuel milage. Thanks

pannhead
03-09-2004, 17:56
another question: how is it that people dont get boost codes left & right etc on computer controlled 94- on , and when the codes hit wont the computer pull fuel etc ?? it seems a chip would provide all the boost a standard compression 6.5 can handle....sorry to add a question to your question ;)

gmctd
03-09-2004, 19:04
Set it to Bill Heath's specs for no codes - boost is within factory specs.
Exceed those settings, and the boost sensor 'fudger' is needed, where a 'volume control' is added to the circuitry.
Some chips handle it in the logic tables.

Dave C
03-10-2004, 06:07
I installed Bill Heath's Boost Master, and since I don't have the chip (Heath

autocrosser
03-10-2004, 11:26
I run up to 12lbs of boost using the Heath unit and do not set a code on my 96. I did occasionally set one with the Kennedy unit. I changed over due to failing vacuum and figured why run a vac pump and other items if I don't need it. I just use a earlier model belt for engines without it.

David Brady
03-10-2004, 14:42
I installed my T-M a good year ago and put the chip in with it, and eliminated my vacuum pump. My mileage has dropped from 20 - 19 but mostly because I love the sound and feel of the power. I run it set to the 12 psi mark. I am thinking of putting the stock chip back in though because of fuel prices at $1.95 plus here in this area. It does throw just a little more smoke with the Heath chip. I've been very happy with the T-M and would recommend this unit to anyone.

The Gunny
03-10-2004, 18:03
I installed the Heath Turbo Master and started setting codes. I am sure it was my fault for setting the boost to high and not haveing gauges to monitor the engine. I have since added ISSPRO gauges, (egt, boost, and tranny temp) and I installed the Kennedy boost controller at the same time. While returning from Las Vegas this past weekend towing my 3 horse goose neck trailer I was seeing boost go as high 12 psi and steady readings in the 10 psi range and no SES or codes. My choice is the Kennedy controller. You deffinatly need an EGT gauge as the temp's can get in the red real fast.......oh, did I mention how fun the truck is to drive now?