PDA

View Full Version : Fram sure Drain

Bulldogger
03-07-2003, 09:43
In the past, Diesel to the Max and SDWA installed these drain valves. I was just curious if they have any updated info. on the valve or if anyone else has used it? and if its worth it. I prefer this design over the fumoto valve, but thats just me. Thanks, Dave :D

johnpugh
03-07-2003, 21:47
Worst money I've ever spent.

I installed one on the wife's van and it leaked around the threads against the pan. It was torqued properly, too. I tried to tighten it a little more and it still leaked. I removed it at the next change and went back to the regular plug.

Get the Fumato....

Later.....

GMCTRUCK
03-08-2003, 00:41
Installed the Suredrain on my truck because of the skidplate and my wife's car because of the full belly pan. Both work perfect and no leaks.

Toddster
03-08-2003, 09:03
No leaks...Pffff ! Why would you care, your warranty is VOID anyway pal ! :eek:

mackin
03-08-2003, 09:17
That has ta sting !!!!!!

MAC :D :D :D

DMAX Daddy
03-08-2003, 09:48
He he his warranty may be void but I bet he has a smile from ear to ear!

Tsckey
03-08-2003, 11:16
Bull,

I have one of these on my truck and my wife's Odyssey. The Suredrain valve is simple and straightforward. No leaks, no problems, but they're a little slow draining. I was thinking of switching to the fumoto, if they drain faster. But, I'm also considering an Oilguard filter, which uses the drain plug as the oil return, so I may hold off.

TC

hoot
03-08-2003, 12:34
I saw them at the auto parts store. Looked good untill I saw the diameter of the drain hole. No thanks.