PDA

View Full Version : COLD WINTER STARTING

polaris800
12-03-2002, 09:15
I recent had a new remote starter installed in my new 2003. However, its has not been installed completly because the shop could not locate the tack wire and the glow plug light wire to complet the installation. The wiring is not the same as the 01/02 and of course wouldn't you no it got COLD last night down to -10 here. I never pluged in the truck and tought here we go. Before, I new the truck started excellent on the first try. This a great goes to show you that these people have done there homework. I will having the rest of my installation completed in the days to come because finally GM gave my installers the correct wiring colors in order to complete the installation on my new remote starter. THANK GOD! It's cold here.

deerhunter7
12-03-2002, 15:13
A remote starter helps you from getting in a cold truck , but isn't good for your engine. Put in a Espar engine pre heater and set the timer. the engine will be warm and save miles from them cold starts.. tongue.gif

dmaxster
12-03-2002, 17:45
THe WTS wire is real easy to get to.....it's behind the instrument cluster and so is the tach wire....GM finally got smart and left enough wire for us installers ot get to it....so there is no reason why is should never have been hooked up :D .....5 min longer install seen as though you had to have the dash panel cover anyways.....also on note you have to hook up the tach wire or it will not start properly in the cold......found out from experience......good luck..... :cool:

txguppy
12-03-2002, 19:48
dmaxster, you wrote.."also on note you have to hook up the tach wire or it will not start properly in the cold......" Seems to me that if it starts, then it started properly?? :confused:

txguppy