PDA

View Full Version : Passenger cold feet fix

DMAXED
03-08-2003, 07:21
Has anyone had the passenger cold feet problem fixed , my question is after the fix did you get any squeaks or rattles in the dash. the dealer told me that the dash had to come out to get at the heater box to replace a seal, I can't stand squeaks and rattles and I am afraid that might happen.

thanks

Kennedy
03-08-2003, 08:55
Tough call. I insulated my box and that helped quite a bit, but still not 100%

Been thinking of getting a borescope so I can snoop around in there myself prior to having any corrective action done. Then I will likely make the 3hr drive south to Orfordville to have Dennis(White Truck) do the job

DMAXED
03-08-2003, 17:29
Kennedy

What type of insulation did you use to wrap the heater box I will try to insulate it first

Kennedy
03-08-2003, 18:30
I used the foil faced bubble wrap type and dropped down inside the plastic lower tray.

Mine still has a leak at the bottom, but the general cold has diminished since the cold from the air inside the box is insulated away.

To find your leak, take off your shoes and socks. You'll find it in a hurry!

imported_
03-08-2003, 20:54
My wife has been complaining about that,but she's
kind of cold blooded so I didn't think to much
about it.Has anyone tried foam insulation,the
kind that expands?

Roger Lamothe
03-08-2003, 21:07
I have it in my 02 and the dealer has a service bulletin. There are two items, one is to seal an area and the other is to replace a positioning mechanisism. He has ordered the parts
We were going to Montreal and at 70mph @ -15f my wife had an arctic breeze and I was roasting.
Roger

DURA-MAX3
03-08-2003, 21:08
I asked my dealer thursday about this draft and he said they go in and do something to a vent or install a different one or something. He said they did not have to remove the dash. Who knows...

[ 03-08-2003: Message edited by: DURA-MAX3 ]</p>