PDA

View Full Version : Juice & Propane: Which one or both?

FrozenAKJoe
08-22-2002, 15:24
Does anybody out there have anything to say about the idea of running propane and Juice at the same time? What, if any, would be the benefit? If I were to choose one over the other, which should it be? I know that the propane option costs more up front as well as more down the line, but if it's better for my Duramax's longevity, I wouldn't be against paying the money. What does everyone think?

PEANUTGRWR
08-22-2002, 16:59
I FEEL YOU WOULD LIKE JUICE ALONE RATHER THAN WITH THEM BOTH. I HAVE BOTH AND WHEN I USE THEM BOTH THE JUICE BASICALLY CANCELS OUT THE PROPANE BECAUSE OF ITS ABILITY TO DETECT TRANSMISSION SLIP. THE JUICE IS GOING TO GIVE YOUR STOCK TRANNY ALL IT WANTS AND WILL PROTECT IT AND NOT SET ANY CODES------PROPANE WILL NOT PROTECT THE TRANNY AND HAS THE POSSIBILTY OF SETTING CODES MAINLY DEPENDANT ON WHERE YOU SET IF THOUGH. IF YOU HAVE IT TURNED DOWN NICE AND LOW YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS THOUGH IF INTERESTED IN A BULLYDOG VAPOR SYSTEM LET ME KNOW I CAN HOOK YOU UP.

hdmax(mike)
08-22-2002, 19:39
Is it possible to use the 5th gear lock out to stop slipage? Or will you hit the rev limiter before you are to the end of the 1/4 mile.

Just a thought! I only know my truck will do 85mph. Haven`t try any faster yet. (notice I said YET? :D )

Kennedy
08-22-2002, 19:47
With the OD lockout, the engine maxes out well before the traps. Now I suppose if a guy could rev to 4k, it may help, but the best I've run in 4th is 14.77 This is at 7300# so those of you with "lightweights" don't think I'm slow...

SoCalDMAX
08-22-2002, 23:29
Geez John,

What, havin' problems finding the throttle that day? Donut in one hand, coffee in the other and you were tryin' not to spill? LOL, just gotta rib ya a little, cuz I've always felt (and still do) that you'll be the first to break into the low 13's. Just don't make a liar out of me!

I'm really happy running the Juice and propane. The engine pulls like a freight train and sounds like a turbine, literally. I'm guessing it's the increased boost, but my engine really does seem to run smoother than stock with the Juice.

Honestly, I run around with the Juice on level 3 (4 for T/H) and very rarely even turn on the propane. When I want to leave the crowd behind, I just click on T/H. Only when I feel like totally annihilating someone do I bother hitting the propane switch. It's getting too predictable. I'm hoping some seriously bombed CTD or chipped PSD comes along and.... no, no, I'll be nice.

Regards, Steve

Maverick
08-23-2002, 01:14
FrozenAKJoe,

If you want I can lend you my Juice for a day if you want to try it on your truck? Shoot me an email if interested.
;)